2002 2003 2004 2005 Thunderbird Upgraded Flip Remote Key Fob 315MHz

Thunderbird Year
Our 2005 came with only 1 key, so we must have the dealer program a new key. Will they program a key I didn't get from them? Do these key fob combos from Amazon actually work? Trying to reduce the number of fobs we carry. We have an old garage door opener which requires it's own fob, then there's the gym fob, and the car fob...

The dealer will have no problem cutting and programming the flip key?

Attachments

• key with fob.jpg
    key with fob.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Will they program a key I didn't get from them? The dealer will have no problem cutting and programming the flip key?
This a question to ask your locksmith or dealership. Mine Did.
Do these key fob combos from Amazon actually work?
Read the product reviews. I've bought them online and had them programmed. FYI most cars require two keys to program the key chip yourself, since you only have one key you have to have someone with the special equipment do it. The actual keyless entry part is easy to program yourself.

Last edited:
Thunderbird Year
I bought one of the recommend flip keys and the local locksmith, who does replacements for the Ford dealer, successfully cut it and programmed it to the car. Now, however, She says it is too fat and takes up too much space in her purse. I thought I'd replace it with the key that has the fob as its head. If I have one original key and one replacement key, will I be able to program this third key, myself. Or, do I still need two original keys to accomplish that?

Thanks

Thunderbird Year
none
I bought one of the recommend flip keys and the local locksmith, who does replacements for the Ford dealer, successfully cut it and programmed it to the car. Now, however, She says it is too fat and takes up too much space in her purse. I thought I'd replace it with the key that has the fob as its head. If I have one original key and one replacement key, will I be able to program this third key, myself. Or, do I still need two original keys to accomplish that?

Thanks
to program a third key you need two different keys to do it yourself they do not have to be original.