New tbird pricing

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I don't want to move out, I realize that this is the greatest country on earth. It's my home, I was born here. Also, I'm not a bleeding heart liberal. I'm a libertarian (classical liberal). I wrote a couple of messages complaining about big government, which is what the republicans are supposed to do but they haven't done that in over 50 years. Well, I suppose nixon, reagan, and bush sr. did but they ended up just making government bigger - not to the degree the democrats do, so I guess there's your difference.

All I try to do is offer the point of view of the founding fathers, offer classical American viewpoints. This is supposed to be the land of a free market without government regulation and taxation. This is supposed to be the land of freedom of speech, and freedom from search and seizure. But I guarantee posting messages of these types probably has the government reading all my emails and listening to my phone calls which is a really scary idea to me.

I know about other countries in the world, I travel all the time, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else either, just to have America return to the values that made it great here. 100 years ago there weren't any drug laws, income tax, gun laws, immigration laws, we never got involved in foreign affairs... Was the country falling apart? Not until the federal government created the income tax, along with the federal reserve bank - which in turn lead to the great depression. That's a short argument, and if you want evidence, read nobel prize winning economist Milton Friedman sometime..

madhouse you wrote:
"THE PROBLEM IS, WHO WANTS TWICE AS MUCH FROM THE GOV'T?? try getting it on your own"

What do I get from the government? Protection? Look at sept. 11th. It scares me to death that there are people in the middle east who want to kill me because of actions of my government that I have absolutely nothing to do with. And I don't think killing more people out there is going to solve the problem.

"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other."
- James Madison

"The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible"
- George Washington

but the whole moral of the story is-------if you live here, you're gonna pay taxes until the day ya' die, AND--------------if you want a new bird, pay whatever price ya' have to, OR YA' AIN'T GONNA' DRIVE ONE!!
nixon, reagan, gov't, has nothing to do with what I decided to pay for a car.

My view...

I'll wait and see... I'm a frugal (cheap) person and I'll either buy used or 2003 or 2004 or 2005... I'm not that old (yet).
wink.gif

I'm also a believer that 1st year cars are fraught with problems, I know Ford is trying r-e-a-l hard not to let any mistakes out but as an Engineer, I also know that 6 sigma is an unreal expectation from a car manufacturer, especially Ford lately... 'nuff said about that.

Thanks for the board and thanks for the info and friendship.
cool.gif

Drove to Miami today (from Key Largo)to possibly purchase a new Thunderbird. Saw a nice blue one. -Man, did I just fall off the bannana truck or what?! Salesman Tony Montana told me it would take at least $7,000 above MSRP. -Uh, no. I'll wait. Or buy something else.
On the way home I noticed how all the rental Chrysler convert.'s I passed looked so similiar to a new thunderbird. But nothing else came close to a new C5!

leeside, I always thought I was in the know about cars but what is a c-5? As for the Bird get out of the islands and look around, think you can find one for MSRP If you take the time to search around Fla. or maybe a little further north. Maybe wait till spring when everyone gets their's and all the dealers are left with what they are trying to gouge the public out of.

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

Christos-I spent 22 years in the Navy, with a counter-terror unit. If you think that these terrs want to kill you for what the government has done, maybe you should attend a seminar in International Terrorism-most of the good colleges have them. These guys hate America and Americans-plain and simple.

And since our leaders are elected by the people-if you want them to do something about terrorism, vote for the folks who will. But I'll warn you now-there will always be groups who will want to destroy what they hate-its been a fact of life for the last 4000 years. I for one am glad that we have a texan as president, instead of that Clinton Clone Al Gore.

------------------

Regarding pricing on the new Thunderbird; I was happy to only pay $2700 over MSRP to be able to purchase the car in December. I had another car on order at MSRP but the build date still has not been determined. A customer canceled their order and I was happy to be able to get it now and not wait another six to nine months to save the $2700. Pasadena Ford (California) currently has a triple black 2002 Thunderbird on their showroom floor and they have "DEALER MARKUP $30,000" on the window sticker. Now that is absurd. I would never buy as much as a spark plug from them but I don't feel as bad about paying the $2700 over MSRP after seeing their price. The car is a great car. I am looking forward to the summer.

leeside,

Try:

Ford Dealers Connection

I searched it last week and found about 27 cars listed in the state of Florida. I can't tell you about prices/gouging but there are cars available. My guess is to expect at least $5K over though.

BTW you enter your zip and you can expand out from there, I searched a 300 mile radius around St. Pete.

leeside- i'm coming down to the tampa area for some sprint car races end of january. i can drive or trailer a black one down to you and deliver it for $43,800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back