New T-Bird WISH LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guysfun

Supporting Contributor
Last seen
Thhis is a place to list the things you would like added to the T-Bird by Ford. They can be options so everybody doesn't have to purchase them. Here are a few ideas:
1. A chrome or stamped Stainless grill.
2. Glass headlight lenses.
3. Chrome hood scoop trim.
4. Supercharger.
5. Custom monogrammed floor mats
6. Tonneau cover - snap on type with zip open cockpit area for driver only to sit.
7. More Headroom for the Hardtop - just 2 inches would do a lot!
8. Factory and Federal approved de-tuning specs so the engine can run on plain old 87 octane fuel.

How about a nice blond for the passenger seat.No one is ever happy with anything they have, why not just have a good time with this great vehicle.

-

-

OH, yeah, I already have a nice blonde for the passerger's seat. She is perfect and I have kept her for 28 years now. This T-Bird might also last that long so I wouldn't mind spending few bucks to make it perfect. The idea of a factory authorized DISCOUNT trade-in program for the top boot is another good suggestion. ... #9 now, I believe.
Thanks, Guy

OH, yeah, I already have a nice blonde for the passerger's seat. She is perfect and I have kept her for 28 years now. This T-Bird might also last that long so I wouldn't mind spending few bucks to make it perfect. The idea of a factory authorized DISCOUNT trade-in program for the top boot is another good suggestion. ... #9 now, I believe.
Thanks, Guy

My wish already came true. For years I wished Ford would come out with a 2 seater Thunderbird again. Don't want to be greety with my wishes. The big wish came true. If any accessories become avaliable that I like over the years I'll buy them and add them on myself.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Lon....I don't think we're talking about items that Ford SHOULD have provided but just options available for optional purchase from Ford or ideas to offer aftermarket suppliers in hope that they might manufacture a particular accessory. No one's being greedy. Some people would just "wish" for certain things to personalize their cars that they can't manufacture themselves. I, for one WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A CHROME ENGINE COVER TO REPLACE THE CURRENT BLACK PLASTIC ONE. Ford offered chrome dress up kits in the early 60's just in case anyone wished to have it. That's all we're talking about here...just ideas in case someone is listening! If you relay what your hopes are, they have a better chance of coming true, just like the two seat thunderbirds we finally got again. But.....only for those who want them, that is. At least everyone has the choice.

Originally posted by LON O'CONNELL:
If any accessories become avaliable that I like over the years I'll buy them and add them on myself.

I think that is what the list is for?

Well if you're looking for a list:

1. 18" Wheels
2. Automatic-dimming inside rear-view mirror
3. A heated "steering wheel" to go along with the newly added heated seats.
4. driver memory for exterior mirror and seat positions.
5. Bi-xenon headlights
6. 3yr - 36K miles full service maintenance.

------------------
TBird2003
03 Torch Red with Perf. White Top and Full Red Accent
1996 4.6L Mustang GT Conv. with performance enhancements

Now we've got a thinker! I love these items yoou thought of but they are not el-cheapo things... except perhaps the mirror. You are a tuna with good taste my friend! That make 15 options we now have which could improve the T-Bird ... I bet the little Lincoln wiring harnss already has provisions for a few of these items. Thanks, Guy

Guysfun I'm sorry that I did not make my aforementioned post clearer. I was speaking just for myself. If there is a wish Fairy, I meant that she really came through for me when I got the T-Bird and I wouldn't want to push my luck anymore. As for listing items that we all would like to see for the T-Bird's i am 100% for it. I would like to see a rag top replacement that has the porthole windows in it so we could still keep the retro look even though we left the hardtop at home.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Some items for Ford, incase they are watching, and some for the after market:

O Resolution to the 'hardtop marking the sail panel'
O Louvered hood (just for looks)
O Wider drivers seat (for obvious reasons)
O Built in tonneau cover for ragtop, that won't interfere with hardtop
O Better sound from pipes

Well, well! Here are 5 more option/improvements for the wish list ... good job big fella! Hey, and I do mean bug fella, I weigh 250 and am 6'-1" ... the driver's seat seems plenty wide although the seat belt buckel seems a little too close for comfort. It the seat belt buckel the problem or is it the seat itself? How much do you weigh and how tall are you?

OK, Len wants a rag-top with portholes so the retro look is always available. That is idea #21 now. It would be nice if they could do that with hard windows but the engineers would have to see if they could make the hard portholes fold "between the sheets" as they say! Come on men ... only 21 option/improvements? Put your thinking caps on now.

My add on for the wish list is adjustments for the position of the seatbelts. I am 5 ft and if I use the seatbelts, they cut right over my neck and it is very uncomfortable. On all of the new cars that I have driven there is a positioning thing behind the door post so that you can raise or lower the strap. The dealership evidently has ordered me something that goes on the seat, but there is no way I can use the seatbelts as they are now. You cannot glance to the side to check on traffic because it rubs your neck. Just one of lifes inconviences for being very short.

guysfun:
To answer your question, I'm only 230lbs and 6'3". But, I guess the problem is my Caddy has those wide seats and I'm accustomed to. So the Bird seems a lot tighter
New item to add to the list, for FORD; Seat belts seem to tighten as you drive. Very many T-Birders have complained about this on many of the forums that are out there

i'll second the supercharger and better tone from the pipes. guess those old days of a hot rod mustang. love my birdy.

Well, we know from the Ford promo tape, they spent a lot of time trying to duplicate the sound of the older birds. I don't think the tone is loud enough either. What I can say is that (as a former boat dealer) I know loud pipes give me a headache after a while. One boat engine masnufacturer had a device called "Silent Choice," which rerouted the exhause to the regular below-water discharge point for quite running. I know they probably got the idera from the car "cut-outs" of the old days in the 50's and 60's. I see no reason why not to wish for "Performance Choice" adjustable muffler baffels on our Birds ... do you? They wouldn't have to be non-muffled but just a tad louder than the Corvette sidepipes from 1965-1970 era. That would be #22 I guess. We could even ask for optional "performance choice side-pipes" #23. (Hey, only the active and progressive participants to this discussion should share in the royalty.) Guy

-

Interesting ... the supercharger, original list item #4 seems very popular. I guess thats why not too many folks care about reducing the fuel octane requirement ... you T-Bird men and women are mostly all POWER MONGERS! I like the zip myself but only as a 'fast getaway' thrill ... not as a high speed/top-end dangerous type. I used to love blowing away the guy at the light on green, but then letting off the gas as soon as I got up to 60 mph or about 5 mph over the limit.

How about adding real wire wheels, on the order of Kelsey-Hayes? If we are really into expensive add-ons, a stainless steel top would look great with some colors even though the T-Bird never had one.

Lyle

#24-Real wire wheels (with free spoke tightening wrench?)
#25-Stainless Steel Top (very interesting idea...Like the Delorian in texture finish?)

Good job Lyle!

OH, here's another from me:
#26-Natural Gas (LNG) or Propane fuel (LPG) alternative fuel.

-

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back