New Bel Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
David, I totally agree with you. He just won't quit his inane blabber. The same drivel for over a year. The guy is a dreamer. He always claims he has ordered, or is thinking about ordering, or is just about to order, or knows somebody who ordered, or some other half-baked claim about some high-performance, rough riding overpowered car.

The TBird is what it is. And what it is is a fantastic looking, great driving comfortable two seat convertible that has no competition at $39,795. We don't drive on skid pads or slaloms. We drive on highways and streets and the TBird is a fun, comfortable, cool looking ride and there is nothing currently like it on the market.

Counter opinions are fine. Thought provoking discussion is stimulating. But irrelevant, inane blabber repeated over and over is just annoying. So, like the majority of others on this board, I wish he would just go away for good and bother a new group of people on the BMW/Porsche/Mercedes boards.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by DavidA:
STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. This is about T-Birds, NOT BMW's, Benz's or any other damned car on the road. darn, it was so peaceful here for so long!
I agree.... GW take your crap to a BMW site.

------------------
Jim Williams
'98 Lincoln Continental & waiting for red/red/blk premium Bird (#2 of 2 also VIN-less)
Mass. tag JWBIRD Christmas gift from #3 daughter

If you don't like what I have to say, don't read further.

BMW's M3 is made in Germany, with high cost labor, and shipped to the US. It has a base list of $50,000. T Birds cost $45-50,000, unless your brother owns a dealership. Why not compare them? A Ferrari costs $150,000. A Turbo Carrera $125,000. Which car is closer in terms of cost to a BMW M3?

BTW, the only car I ordered in replacement for the TBird was an M3. It too has a long waiting list, but the dealers are not permitted by BMW to sell over MSRP.

Please show me where on this board it limits posts to vacuous blathering about how pretty the car is.

Maybe if more people expressed their displeasure to Ford over the markups, the T Birds would be sold at list.

A lot of you don't realize that your uncritical acceptance of the T Bird is only hurting yourselves in the short run, and Ford in the long run.

Amen, DavidA, mikey, jawill. I am paying MSRP for my TBird. And I don't own a dealership...just did alot of searching.

Gary Whitaker, GET LOST. WE ARE TIRED OF HEARING THE SAME JUNK OVER AND OVER.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

GW - You further show your ignorance by stating "T Birds cost $45-50,000". They do NOT cost that, they cost M.S.R.P of $36,000-$39,795.00. Sure, some have paid substancially more, but that was their choice. Ford priced it more than $20,000 less than the M3 or Mercedes or any of the others you are touting. There IS NO COMPARISON between theses cars and they should not be compared. What the hell is the matter with you? -- Price, # of seats, performance -- NON are even close to each other. Let's compare the Ferrari to a Rolls Royce, they are fairly close in price. That's about as dumb as what you are saying! Please -- GO AWAY!

Hey guy's... Let him ramble... You guy's keep edging him on.. The more you reply the more he will keep going.... Let him have his own little conversation with himself... The more you scratch the itch, the more it itches....

PA 02 Bird:
We wish you were right. We've tried ignoring him. Someone even started a thread called "Gary Whitaker" a few months ago where dozens of people bashed him. You would think a normal, well-adjusted person would get the hint.

This guy is a nut case and even though he goes away for a while, he always comes back with the same garbage. He obviously doesn't have much of a life and is problably a toal nurd who drives his old Taurus (SHO) and thinks he is a boy racer.

He is actually kind of comical in a pathetic sort of way. But I, like the majority of others here, wish he would go away and find some other place to annoy people with his ignorant blather.

Originally posted by Gary Whitaker:
I just ordered a titanium white 2002 M3 convertible with SMG. I should have it in April. I wonder if my T Bird would be arriving by then, if I hadn't cancelled it. At $60,000 loaded, it is about $10,000 more expensive than the T Bird, but it easily outperforms it in everyway, and seats four. And won't depreciate $15,000 the first year. I resisted buying foreign cars for 20 years. Finally had to give in. Poor old Ford. They just don't have a clue.

Why are we comparing apples and oranges? I doubt many people will run around flagging down M3 owners http://www.autoitalia.org/italiano/bmw21.htm since it looks like everything else they make.

People that get sucked into the resell value are truly pitiful. First of all, if you can afford to pay 60k for a car, who gives a crap what the resell value is? And if you pay 25 percent more for a car with 5 percent better resell value, are you really getting a good deal? You do realize that part of the reason that the car is so expensive is Uncle Same is taxing it and the cost of importing.

A car is not an investment, and no matter what the saleman or magazine says, it is going to cost you an arm and leg to own and operate it.

P.S. What will it cost you to replace your BMW parts vs. your import?

Tbird

Gotta scratch that itch.

BMW standard: 48 thousand miles 4 years warranty, bumper to bumper. 3 years - all maintenance costs except tires included.

If I was going to keep my car until I die I wouldn't care about resale value. But in 3 to five years, there probably will be something else I like better.

Apparently, to many T Bird buyers, the term "sporty" would apply to a Crown Vic with a rag top.

And Ford wonders why its market share in cars drops each year, as plants close and workers are fired. Great management team, there.

Now we got him on the defensive....expanding his immature tirade to include the fact that people who admire the new TBird are "losers". Striking out at typo's in our messages....we knew you knew how to spell nerd, Gary. Your picture is next to "nerd" in Webster's.

By the way, Gary, I don't work at Walmart. I don't work at all. I am retired at the age of 48 and am paying cash for my MSRP TBird that I am buying as a weekend toy.

You are a pathetic creep. To reiterate what MANY others have said, get lost with your negative, mindless rantings. We do not like you or want you here. Get it??

Mikey, you so impress me. Unfortunately for you, this is a free country and I can say what I choose. You obviously cannot respond to even one of my criticisms, and have an inability to respond intelligently to anyone who disagrees with you. While there are a number of intelligent people here who don't agree with me, most don't stoop to your level of name calling and insults. Maybe you should get a job, if anyone would hire you.

For those who actually care about Ford: Aren't you concerned that the only performance vehicle left is the Cobra SVT? How much life does that car have left? What lines will be abandoned next year? Do you think that Ford handled the T Bird roll out in a professional manner? Wouldn't some of you like to see a performance version?

Mikey, I'm reminded of an old saying we had - "Arguing with a Ford parts man is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while you realize the pig loves it!"

Ignore is the verb and Ignoramus is the noun.
He just doesn't get it - WE DON'T CARE WHAT HE THINKS.

Personal note - what part of Phoenix are you in? I have a rental in Mesa that I get out to see now and then. Great country!

I'm with jodrod, enough is enough.. The M3 has it's own problems... Long waiting list, Price Gouging, mechanical problems.. I looked at their forum..(http://www.m3forum.com/m3forumcgi/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi buy what makes YOU happy.. and good luck... even Ferrari has a service department!

RedBrdDlx, thanks for the kind words. I live in Scottsdale, on one of the beautiful golf courses which Scottsdale is famous for.

You are right about the jerk. He is clueless. And all of us who admire the TBird are "losers", according to him.

If that's what a loser is, I am glad to be one. I think the TBird is one stunning car and I am proud that I have one on order. I think everyone else on this board is helpful, courteous, and knowledeable. It is a pleasure to be associated with you all.

Now, if we could just get rid of this ONE wacko, life would be even more wonderful.

Gary said that BMW dealers could not sell their cars over MSRP. If you get on Ebay and look at item 600285498 you will see a dealer that is taking bids for the right to buy a 2002 bmw m3. The current bid is $10K. So does that make the price of the M3 $70,000?

The bid for the M3 is back down to $6100. I guess someone backed out. But my point is that some BMW dealers are just as bad as Ford dealers when it comes to selling their cars over MSRP.

Maybe Chevrolet will come out with a four (4) door Z06 that Gary can trade his SHO in on. LOL

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

I vowed I would not write anotehr word, but the co-incidence is just too good to pass up. In this week's issure of Autoweek, there is the AutoFile on the M-3. Among the dislikes, there is - Choppy Ride, Rough Idle at startup, and Dealer Markups. They list the proce of the car and the prices paid and the average is over $5000 MORE than MSRP. T-Bird doesn't ride choppy, and has one of the smoothest engines in use today, and --- well, Dealers WILL also try to gouge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back