Looking for a bird | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Looking for a bird

• Thread starter Thread starter ownerwannabe
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ownerwannabe

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
Hello, Im looking to buy a t-bird. I'd like to buy a 04 or 05 in something other than black. I know I will have to go out state for the purchase. Can you folks give me some helpful comments, hints or something to consider to help me get my dream car.😀

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I don't know where you're from so I one suggestion is to go to a Ford dealer and have them do a search on their computer. They have access, nationwide, of dealer inventory.
Then there's always ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...ategoryZ6240QQihZ010QQitemZ200094898793QQrdZ1

Or this forum-I'll see what I can dig up stay posted.

Oh, by the way, I do know of a cherry of an '02 blue, in GA, that just came up for sale by owner. If interested I can hook you up. He says:

"It has 26,000 miles and has always been hand washed and waxed. The oil has been changed by a Ford dealer ever 3,000 miles or less,
The undercarriage and under hood area look like showroom new...as does the interior and the beautiful blue exterior.
I NEVER park it near other cars , so there is not a single door ding anywhere on the car.
It is loaded with removable hard top, premium package, full color accents,
and all the goodies.
It has been upgraded with Borla exhaust, chrome hood bezel, brushed aluminum interior pieces on center stack and door accents. I have added the Homelink garage door opener.
Other than oil changes and regular tire rotation, nothing has EVER been done to the car."

Last edited:
Tbird Purchase

Carmax usually has a faily wide selection and they offer an extended warranty that is fairly reasonable. I bought my 03 there a year ago. Unfortunately, I didn't get the extended warranty. My car only had 1600 miles and about 8 months left on the factory warranty. PLEASE GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM SOMEONE. Also, Ford will sell you one anytime before the factory warranty is up. Additionally, you can get a history on the car you select before you by it from carfax. This is well worth the money. Good luck with your car search. I love the car but the repairs can drive you bankrupt.

Have a great day,

Jim (jetbird)

looking for bird

Thanks George, jetbird and dchamp, I just put abid on 007 bird thru ebay It is a very pretty color, but I don't know if that takes anything away from the car. I have looked on autotrader but not carmax. I will try that. I'm in Detroit. I have looked at 2 birds here. I went to the dealer but I don't think the color was listed right. and there was a sticker that said the owner had returned the car because basically they were not happy. There is a green car with 100 mileon it not to far from me but I can't afford 39,000. I like the ice blue but not really the baby blue. Would i expand my choices if I bought a car without a hard top and then just bought a black top rom the dealer?

Here's one you may be interested in. The following is from an acquaintance of mine:
"I have a 2004 PCR for sale. This car was leased by my cousin and currently has just over 5000 miles on it. It is perfect in every way. The hardtop came off when the car was brand new and has never been back on so there are no scratches on the deck as is common.

The car was actually a 3rd car, thus the low mileage. If anyone is interested in it, please send me a PM with a firm offer. It will be available at lease end, which is the end of May."

You will probably never find another Pacific Coast Roadster with miles this low."

sales tax

Ownerwannabe, I don't know your state, but here in Ga., if we buy a used car from a dealer, sales tax is charged, at 7%, and thats what put me on private sale mode. On my and my wifes birds it saved over 3000.00.

George Im interested. Don't know if I can afford it, but I will put in for extra shifts at work right now so maybe I can by the end of May. I believe the pcr go for more then the deluxe and premium cars. and it is such a pretty car. If you would email me at Kueppersl@*********** to discuss this car. that would be great.

ownerWB....I am sending you that info via email. Good Luck

Does anyone know how to find a "new" bird with no mileage or an '05 that has not been titled yet? I know they have to be out there somewhere as not all the birds were sold. Quickdraw, do you know?

May be looking to sell mine for different color.

Thanks
Denise🙄

Vegasbird (Denise):
Go to a Ford Dealer and have them do a dealer search on their network for a new Bird.

Last edited:
I have one that I would sell

I have an 05 with 3K miles on it in pretty much mint condition. Still has a year left on the warranty. It’s the Cashmere color and has a numbered placard in the glove compartment indicating its one of the last 1,500 made. Its loaded because that edition has every option including the hardtop, soft top boot, seat heaters, and of course, the 50th anniversay insignias. The top is properly stored and has not been on the car since it was new, so no scratches to the paint. Its always stored in my garage and it’s a southern california car. I'd let it go for $35,000. You can email me at bruce.r.yolken@boeing.com if you are interested. I'm about halfway between LA and San Diego near Laguna Beach.

I bought my Bird thru CARMAX.
There was a nice selection -- I only wanted a Blue 2002 and they had three.
Only had 17000 miles on it.

They (Carmax) shipped it up from Houston - cost about $800 - and I was able to check it all out prior to buying it.
They took care of a few little items (no key for the top removal; stain on side door panel) and it was ready to go. I love it!

If you want a specific color bird with a certain mileage range, I recommend them.

irsgm:
Good info thanks!! There may be others looking for a car and can explore that route.

Pacific Coast

There was a nice PC edition at the local L/M dealer in Margate Fl.,13,000 mi. and clean.Lasted 3days was sold to someone in N.England area and shipped.That was my first choice in color but that was 2 mo. ago,love my merlot color. 😎

Ed: ownerwannabe bought a PCR out in LI, NY. She's currently waiting for delivery.

However, this is a good thread to keep posting available cars. In fact, here's one that was on the market the end of May:

Inspiration Yellow w/11k For Sale,
Leith Mercedes Benz here in Raleigh has taken a 2002 Inspiration Yellow with partial accent package on trade. It has 11k miles. They want $24,950 for it. She is near mint and has a clean carfax. She was originally sold new in Raleigh by Crossroads Ford.

Carmax TBird

IRSGM,

I bought my 03 from carmax about 18 months ago. They offer a good extended warranty available for 30 days after you purchase the car. Take some good advice and get the longest, most complete warranty available. I didn't get a warranty at the time I bought the car and it cost me $1600 in repairs. Now I have an extende warranty purchased through my credit unoin. These are wonderful cars but they are EXPENSIVE to repair.

Enjoy the car,

Jetbird

After buying and joining the site I purchased an extended warranty from an independent co.Cost was 1470+- 10% down one yr pay off by the month no interest.Five yr-75,000 mi.
Florida was the second state to receive the largest amount of cars ,so there are quite a few showing up down here.I think most are coming off lease as there have been 3 at the local ford dealer all '04 (3yr.lease)😎

T-Bird repairs

Reading all the posts regarding "wannabe" wanting to purchase a Bird, I noticed many of you stating that you have had expensive repairs. I bought my 03' two summers ago and now have 27,000 miles on it. The only problem several months after I purchased it, was hard starting when it warmed up. Turned out it cost me $160.00 to have the injectors cleaned and new fuel filter. Since then use 91+ octane and no problems at all. Oh, and I get 20+ mpg in the city.

Thanks Joe. And, 91 octane is what the book says to use.
I would guess that for those who may have bought their Birds on the used market, that they would not know what gas had been used on their birds. So an injector cleaning may be a good start, if there's a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back