Location of heater blend door 2003 2004 2005 Thunderbird

S

Stuart Miami

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Our 04 Bird is blowing cold on driver's side and heat on passenger's side. Needs a new blender door actuator, but I can't find where it is located on the passenger side. Anyone know?
Thanks!
Stuart in Miami

Our 04 Bird is blowing cold on driver's side and heat on passenger's side. Needs a new blender door actuator, but I can't find where it is located on the passenger side. Anyone know?
Thanks!
Stuart in Miami
Your T Bird HVAC operates with a dual heater control located at the bottom right hand corner of the radiator. The control is subject to failure on our vehicles due to the age. What you describe is the usual initial failure of the dual heat control valve.The heat cool functions work via control of the AC and heater combination. What you describe is a standard failure of the dual control valve, however, the AC should also be checked for full charge. If you check the temp of the heater lines coming from that valve when the condition you describe is occurring, one line will be hot and the other cold.

I have heard that you can try running the temp down to 60 then all the way up a few times. I heard this may help it to become unstuck. I have not had this issue.. yet. But I'm in the habit of running the temp up and down weekly. Now if that doesn't work, 8 hear the other option is to tear into the dash.

there is a diverter valve on passengers side front, might be letting hot water in on passengers side. Easy and free to check if it is working before tearing into the dash

replaced valve by radiator so I guess the dash is next unless there are any other suggestions.
Thanks to every ones help

Thanks!
Stuart in Miami
First just go out to front of car and open the hood.
Look down the left edge of fan shroud under the radiator hose to see the Coolant Control Valve (CCV).
Take a long screw driver to tap on top of each CCV relay and Viola!
Usually works.

Otherwise, you will have to replace the CCV. After the second time doing the replacement, you will see why just tapping the tops will be less trouble.

Keep us informed.

First just go out to front of car and open the hood.
Look down the left edge of fan shroud under the radiator hose to see the Coolant Control Valve (CCV).
Take a long screw driver to tap on top of each CCV relay and Viola!
Usually works.

Otherwise, you will have to replace the CCV. After the second time doing the replacement, you will see why just tapping the tops will be less trouble.

Keep us informed.
My dual coolant control valve went bad and it was closed. I had no heat on either side. I tried banging on them but it didn't work. I finally had to replace it

Thanks!
Stuart in Miami
Change the heater control valve for the same problem and it still has the problem. there air air discharge temp sensors for both right and left sides which feed the computer. They may be the cause but it looks like we have to rip the entire dashboard apart to get to anything in there. If you find the fi please POST for us all.

1655994131552.png
1655994497796.png
doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Looking @ 2005 Retro Bird with 127K mileage. Been told the blend door gear is an issue. Is this a fixable item? Costly?

There are five door actuators in the dual zone heating and air conducting system.

Cool Air Bypass Actuator - (Opens and closes based on the temperature setting)

Fresh/Recirculation Door Actuator - (Opens and closes based on the recirculation button setting)

Panel Mode Actuator - (Opens and closes based on the manual control or auto button setting)

Floor Mode Actuator - (Opens and closes based on the manual control or auto button setting)

Defrost Mode Actuator - (Opens and closes based on the manual control or auto button setting)

Actuator 1.jpg

Actuator 2.jpg

The first thing you need to do is identify which actuator is in operation when you hear the noise.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Air Inlet Actuator.jpg

Cold Air Bypass Actuator.jpg
Defrost Door Actuator.jpg

Floor Duct Door Actuator.jpg
Panel Door Actuator.jpg

Back