Identifying your location would help | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Identifying your location would help

• Thread starter Thread starter George
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

George

Passed Away July 25, 2015
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Very often there are posts that I answer that I probably shouldn't... Example; someone looking for a car and they're clear across the country. My input is not worth my time to ennter.
I believe that all of us should identify our location on our profile. Certainly the State we are in and optional would be the town/city.
I'd like to hear some input on this, Pro and Con.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I agree, George. I often find a person's location to be very helpful.

If someone is reluctant to post a city, for fear of revealing too much personal information, posting the state alone would help.

Just my two cents' worth...

I see many new members still do not put down their location.

TBird; why not make it a "must" when they are signing up? At least the State people are from. Certainly there are a certain amount of data a member has to fill in to join us. Why can't their State be required as well?

When we organize events, it would help if we could review the member lists and send out notices. Right now the NE list is very small
Thanks

Originally posted by George
TBird; why not make it a "must" when they are signing up? At least the State people are from.

Because a lot of people prefer not to provide this information and it's optional.

It's a good idea to look over your profile anyway, so if you are reading this, visit http://forums.thunderbirdforum.com/member.php?s=&action=editprofile and add or correct any information neccessary.

Stae Location

I entered my state location. I have no problem with this. It wasn't something I was trying to hide, just information I neglected to put in. I too think it would be nice to see where T-Bird owners are from.

Julie

Julie:
I believe that it isn't that most people don't want it displayed, but like yourself, it just got over looked. Thanks for bringing up that point.
Thanks to Paula for her support and TBIRD for suggesting that others review their profiles for an update.
Possibly, as people update these profiles, we'll be better able to have local get togethers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back