How often do you drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 180 miles after the first three weeks. I'm still driving on the dealer's tank of gas. I get kidded a lot about that, but it's a weekend bird and we're in the middle of playoffs and the rainy season, after all. Next month's Santa Barbara cruise will be my first chance to really stretch the wings. Can you join us, Paula?

BTW, your original post said: Not one sighting for me yet in Northern California, though. So if you want to be super TECHNICAL, you're still correct. Oops, forgot the Pt. Reyes Mystery Drive - that's been my only road sighting so far.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

This is a great question. I love driving my bird. I hate putting mileage on it. I want to preserve it for the grandchildren, 20 years from now. I have had my blue/blue/blue premium since the end of August and have 2800 miles on it now. This is my fair weather weekend car only.

Your responses have made me feel better about the mileage I have used.

Hey Race that this where I disagree with you. Yeah someone will get my car, but they will get it knowing I drove it whenever I wanted. (Can't take it with you type of thing) Mine is NOT a daily driver though, just fun stuff or quick trips to the store.

It currently is getting zero miles for about 3 months now. Thinking about reinsuring it in about 15 days. Can't remember but think I have about 1100 miles on her, and haven't gone anywhere.
smile.gif

------------------
2002 Tbird - Yellow/white top - 102446
72 MGB
2002 Escape
99 F150
Arctic Cat snowmobiles
Ranger Bass boat

I went over 1,000 on Saturday when I took it out of storage. I've had it since September 27.

I saw many on the road before I got mine, but they were all manufacturer plates (I'm a Detroiter). Since I've gotten mine, I've seen two.

I drive mine on sunny weekends. Picked her up in late Occtober. I've got almost 1,500 miles on her.
Have seen no others on the road.
Saw a red soft top at the Ford exhibit at the LA Auto Show earlier this month.Vin # was 400 something.

------------------
Triple Black
Premium

My Neiman is my daily driver. Over 4,000 miles since 10/01/2001. Have seen only 1 other (black/black) on the road pulled up next to me at a traffic light.

NMJeff - I never noticed that you picked up your car the same day as we did. Ours was at the dealership on the 24th, but it was rainy until the 27th, and I was waiting for nice weather for the first "official" cruise. After Tip's car gets in this spring, we should get the Michigan owners together for a group event and photo.

Chris

Blueoil1,
What area in San Diego do you live? I work in the Golden Triangle area and have only seen 1 black premium so far. I guess if you only drive on sunny weekends, you're probably cruisin' up and down the coast.
I'm waiting for my yellow premium 42/52 so I still have a while yet. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to seeing you cruisin' on the weekends. Enjoy!

Insane, Are you getting your bird from Mossy Ford. I am 7 of 52 there and should have it by March 1st. I saw a blue one just like the one I ordered in Solana Beach yesterday. It was going the other way so I could not stalk it. Vin 109891.

Drew. If you're 7 fo 52 and getting it in March, then I got a lot longer wait that I anticipated. Where's that "Manage the Wait" program when you need it most! I got a call from my sales person and asked me that he had a Blue premium that was coming in and the guy that ordered it bailed on him. Asked me if I wanted to take it. Thought long and hard about it but cam back to my original decision ...Yellow.

Birdbrain-

Mine came in September 25 (exactly one year from calling in to NM) and I picked it up the 27th for the same reason. I took the day off and drove around all day.

I'm all for a Michigan owners group outing!

-

Hi all; I received my red - red full accent
premium on 1-8-02 after the long 2 year wait
we most have experienced, I have only 165
miles on it yet and it had 5.9 when I got it
I enjoy driving it totally and need to drive
it more, I have never driven a more fun car
and watching people look at it is as good as
going to the mall to people watch.
Ronbon Scottsdale, Az.

------------------

NuttyGambler, Thanks for releiving my guilt about using up mileage. Didn't do any good!
Can you imagine 5 years from now with only 10,000 miles on it? Probably won't happen but I would love to keep it as good as the day I got it.

Looks better with low mileage at car shows.

Chris,

Great idea for a Michigan get together. I'm hoping for some good delivery news pretty quick.

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium w/ Full Accent '02 - VIN #1FAHP60A02Y111538 - Getting Pumped!

Yellow '76

6600 miles since August 15, 2001, and counting...every chance I get!!!

------------------
RT2ESQ
Triple Black #748

Picked up Bird on the 28th. Has rained everyday sence then so only have 64 miles on it. Will put about 5,000 on it when we take it to Fla. to show my dad.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

I live/work in the Golden Triangle. On occasion I drive my Bird to work - - -
Are you getting your Bird from Mossey? I got mine from Bob Baker.
I know a fellow who just got his White Bird. I'm going to go look at it next Friday PM.
Hope to see you on the road soon.

Originally posted by INSANE.DIEGO:
Blueoil1,
What area in San Diego do you live? I work in the Golden Triangle area and have only seen 1 black premium so far. I guess if you only drive on sunny weekends, you're probably cruisin' up and down the coast.
I'm waiting for my yellow premium 42/52 so I still have a while yet. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to seeing you cruisin' on the weekends. Enjoy!

------------------
Triple Black
Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back