How many 02-05 1st owners here?

I bought my bird from showroom floor Dec 2004. (Dream Christmas gift)
BTW, I wonder how many of us are original owners, how many are seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like/Thanks
Reactions: MLG
March of 2016. I bought my bird from showroom floor Dec 2004. (Dream Christmas gift)
BTW, I wonder how mamy of us are original owners, how many are seconds.
Wow, thats so cool.
I bought mine in 2015 when I moved from NY to Florida and I was the third owner. I love my red Tbird!
But this really scared me. Lucky I was on a side road when it happened .... I had just gotten off Rt 75! I am very worried that I am not safe when driving it.

NMJeff

Original Neiman Marcus Edition owner here. I took delivery on September 30, 2001. Have around 30,000 miles.

Purchased my 007 new on my birthday. Currently just over 18,000.

I am the second owner of my all original 1975 Copper Luxury Group Tbird. That one has 17,000 miles on the odometer and original spare still in the trunk.

tbird

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I have AAA for the wife. there is no way I will spend $195 for a tire in the truck. The wife does not know how to change a tire.
Post was an FYI for those reading with an old spare. Just curious, why not dispose of the tire?
Serves no purpose except waiting for it to explode, and more weight in the car.

That spare needs replaced. It's no longer of use and some actually explode in the trunk. You certainly cannot safely use it.

Very true. I would never ride on that spare. I keep it to display at shows. The car was just over 30 years old when I bought it. Had the original tires all the way around. New tires were the first thing I bought for the car.

I helped my dad pick it out in 2003 and when he passed away i inherited the car. It has not run in over a year but is in pretty good condition. I brought it to the shop to get the fuel drained and the car checked over. Hopefully, i just need some new tires and some cleaning. The window on the soft top leaks and the CD player does not work, but overall its in good shape.

I helped my dad pick it out in 2003 and when he passed away i inherited the car. It has not run in over a year but is in pretty good condition. I brought it to the shop to get the fuel drained and the car checked over. Hopefully, i just need some new tires and some cleaning. The window on the soft top leaks and the CD player does not work, but overall its in good shape.
I think you should be good to go. The window should be an easy fix at a top shop and this would be a great time to upgrade the radio with GPS and rear view camera. Sorry to hear about your Dad. My plan is to pass mine on to my daughter. I bought mine new shortly after my my father passed. Helped me get through a difficult time.