heated wiper park | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

heated wiper park

• Thread starter Thread starter carnut
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
How does this work? I think mine just stopped. Won't turn on when below 40 degrees but button lites manually. I do not feel any heat coming out up front . 15 amp fuse is ok. I do not understand the design of this system

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

How does this work? I think mine just stopped. Won't turn on when below 40 degrees but button lites manually. I do not feel any heat coming out up front . 15 amp fuse is ok. I do not understand the design of this system

I do not think you will feel the heat. Do you have the manual? Is this an '02 or '03?😕

For the 02s, there is a manual switch but it also operates automatically when temp is at or near freezing.
For the 03s, no switch, it turns on automatically, no driver control for it

If the windshield was ever replaced did they connect the TWO heated wiper park grid electrical connectors?

"Heated wiper rest: Heats the windshield wiper blades in order to reduce the chance of ice buildup and to aid in defrosting. This feature operates automatically when the outside temperature is near or below freezing." So possibly you cannot turn it off or on because it turns on when the temperature is below a certain point so the wipers will not be frozen to the windshield.

This feature was eliminated for the 04s and 05s.

Last edited:
thanks, it is an '02. It did work and come on automatically at 40 degrees but just suddenly stopped the other day from automatic turn on. Never a windshield replacement. I guess I cannot tell if it is working in manual mode or not if you do not sense heat from the vented opening in front of the windshield. I do seem to sense some "blowing air" from the vented area but I wonder if that is from the heater blower for " inside" the car heat. It may be the manual mode is functional but for sure the "auto" mode has stopped for some reason. The light on the ATC control head does light up when pushed for manual operation. Is the two wire connector you mention for the windshield just below the big long cowl panel which is held by about 8 pop rivets?

"Is the two wire connector you mention for the windshield just below the big long cowl panel which is held by about 8 pop rivets? "

I believe so, but check the manual.

Possibly the switch is one of those 'dumb switches'. Meaning that you cannot actually turn on & off the heating elements, but only activate the system to come on automatically or not.
So if it's off it just will not come on automatically.

If my assumption is correct, and it's a dumb switch, that could be why they eliminated that switch in later year model's. Less confusion

First snow storm put the car outside and let snow accumulate on windshield. That's the best way to test it

I think you nailed it!! It's a dumb switch. Just makes sense. Got heat up in manual mode by pressing it, for sure. I'll leave it on and see whenever it gets above 40 it turns off! I bet I just did not know how it worked! thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back