Heated seat button flashing | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Heated seat button flashing

• Thread starter Thread starter toner2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Toner2:
Here’s an owner with the same problem a while back: - “The heated seat indicator on the driver's side of my '03 is blinking rapidly. Pushing either to turn the low heat indicator or the high heat indicator buttons to either on or off position (lighted or unlighted) does not result in stopping the blinking. My heated seat still works but the blinking is distracting.”
Another said; “I had the same problem. I replaced the switch. That fixed the problem.”
And another: “Just noticed this morning while driving to work that the driver's side seat heating indicator was blinking...looks like I'll have to make a journey to the dealer. Have scoured my repair manual and can't find any help there
Suggestion; “If you really want to replace the switch yourself and it is very easy to do by removing the complete switch panel then remove the switch from the panel, no need to pay dealer's prices. Look for them at Rock Auto. Their site, it is slow to open completely but wait 2-3 sec. it will & show you the switch & price.”

“In the Ford shop manual look around page 501-10-53. That's the section it is in the 05 manual”
Owner resolved; “installed the new driver's side switch...took about 10 minutes...used the page from the workshop manual
“Only 2 pieces that had to be removed are those outlined in the workshop manual...the console trim piece (that also contains the 2 cup holders) and the trim piece that contains the 2 switches. The console trim piece just pops out when you pull straight up. The trim piece that also holds the 2 switches I simply pulled out and up and it came out...actually took me longer to remove the switch from that trim piece that to remove the trim piece itself. I had to turn the ignition switch and move the gear selector level to D4 to allow me room to remove the switch...wanted to make sure I didn't accidently 'snap' any of the plastic pieces holding the switch to the trim piece”.

So, Toner2; It's been two months now, any results?😕

Thank you for keeping up with me George. I have not had time to follow up on this. My 85 year old father has had multiple surgeries in the last 6 weeks and I have been primary care giver and helper for he and my Mom. My husband is a manager for O'Reilly Autoparts so I'm going to get him to get a Ford shop manual and see if he can put in the new switch....will let you know.
Have a great day!

Thanks and Best of Luck with Mom and Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back