GOOD DEALERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
OK, Here is a post for all the GOOD dealers out there. I'm sure there are a lot of them.

Mine was Beasley Ford In York Pa. Sold at MSRP and took care of us and did Care about the sale and the car when it came in. My salesman was Lonnie E. Hengst, a very nice guy to deal with.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Chief, think you missed something, this is the good dealer thread.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Santa Fe Ford in Alachua, FL. They did charge over MSRP but were very friendly and helpful. I would go back to them again.

It will be interesting to see if T02BIRD feels the same, he also purchased his car there.

Also, Autoway Ford in St. Pete, FL. Although I did not get the Bird there (all spoken for by the time I ordered) I have purchased three Mustangs GTs from them and would have the Bird.

-

Ryburn Motor Company Monticello,Arkansas.
From day one when I ordered my car, they were straight forward on the deal, which was MSRP, there were no signed contracts, just verbal agreements which they lived up to 100%. I have done business with them for years because of this way of business. I can't say that I would do that with any dealership.

Early on, I had a power control module go out my vehicle. They handled it in record time, giving my vehicle priority. The entire service staff was extremely courteous and attentive to my suggestions, which arose from discussions on this board.

Exceptional dealer.

Mark

Don Davis Ford (Don Davis Auto Group) has been great to work with. We have actually only been in contact with Sales, but they have been fine. We got the car at MSRP with no hassle. They are in Arlington, TX near the Ballpark in Arlington.
We later bought a used Ranger to replace my '64 Ranchero (it got in an aurgument with a full size Chevy, and lost) from our salesman and he did a fantastic job of getting me into a vehicle for the bucks I was willing to spend. (Thanks Bruce!!) I would recommend them to anyone (including friends).
I have no experience with the service facility there yet and really hope I never have to find out. I plan to get a car built on a Wednesday morning that falls nowhere near a holiday.
George
Blue/White/full Blue Premium
North Richland Hills, TX

-

Jackie Jones FOrd, Cleveland GA -- I ordered the car over the phone on Jan 8th 2001 after being on the waiting list for a year. Handshake deal at MSRP. Although I was 3 of 6, the car came in Oct.15 as number 1 and they stuck to the deal as agreed. They are a standup dealership that I have done, and will continue to do business with.

------------------
#1429 Black Premium with Full Red Interior.

Jack Kain Ford in Versailles, Kentucky, treated me extremely well. Although I live in California, they were very responsive to my queries, signed me up for the Thunderbird Collection program WITHOUT MY ASKING, never wavered on their price quote, threw in the T-Bird floor mats with the price of the car, and actually moved me up from #2 to #1 in their allocation when circumstances dictated that. Obviously I am not going to be able to use them for service(!), but they have even kept in touch with me since I bought the car and sent me a calendar with a photo of me picking up my 'Bird. Gosh, what more could I ask for?
smile.gif

Gotta put in a good word for Tom Denchel Ford in Sunnyside and Prosser, Washington. I bought my first new car from a dealer in 1947 and have been buying new vhichles every since. This dealer has to be the best one I have ever dealt with. He saved me all the promo information and books that the dealer gets, and GAVE them to me. My son and I each signed up for a 2002 bird in April of 1999. I have my blue/white all premium and he now has his red , all premium. The whole crew at Tom Denchel Ford has been great!

Got to respond on this one. Pete's Ford Great Barrington Massachusetts unbelieveable. My salesman Chin Lee delivered the latest brochure to my house 37 miles away at 8:00 PM, on his own time. They charged MSRP and kept me informed every step of the wait, delivered the car in super immaculate condition with only 2 miles on the odometer. I can't say enough or recommend them highly enough, the very best car buying experience I've had in 48 years.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

Another Good Dealer is Folsom Lake Ford in Folsom, CA. Did charge over msrp but what the heck, they delivered the car to my door. Bought it off of the showroom floor on Feb 27. Got a White bird with black top and black interior. VIN# 1FAHP60A42Y110764. Have had nothing but good vibes from Folsom Lake in last 10 years.

John Chandler Ford in Amarillo, Tx. Originally had a handshake deal February, 99 for MSRP plus $7,000. December, 00 General Manager said we do not do business this way and said mine and the rest of their allocation would be sold for MSRP as they had never sold a car for more that MSRP and were not going to start now. Salesman Terry Bixler is one of the best auto salesmen I have ever met. Service Department is pretty good and they help me a little more as I used to be a Service Advisor there. Departure from there employment was not real pretty so there is a little friction in that respect but seems to be healing up slowly but surely.
---------------------------------------------
2002 T-Bird yellow/yellow premium
1999 F150 SC 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

-

Ron Clark Ford outskirts of town (Amarillo, Tx.). Did not buy car there but you really get the small town dealer treatment there. Randy Clark Owner/General Manager. Great guy. Really takes care of there customers.
Only reason I did not buy car there was because I was working for John Chandler Ford at the time I put deposit down.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

This is a really nice thread.
Frontier Ford in Santa Clara , Ca delivered my bird. The Director of fleet sales Bill Light handled the transaction. No hassle, "whatever you want" attitide. This is a BIG dealership, 02 allocation of 50. Bill handled it as if the allocation was 1.

Now for the service and parts department, they aren't on the same page. If I had the time, and interest, I could make both of them rich. Very typical Ford Focus service. Common guys, I bought your flagship product, understand and appreciate that.

In 95 I bought a Lincoln Mark V111, it was a lot worse than this. Reminded me of why one has gotta love American made to put up with the crap.

My 2 cents worth, again.

-

My dealer, Schlenker Motors in Hamburg, PA salesman name Mike Kramer super guy. I got mine for $200 under sticker, as I had our signed agreement before the $200.00 price increase. They handled everything to my satisfaction. I was #2 of 3. The first car was ordered from Keller Bros. Ford in Schaefferstown PA on 1/29/01 where I ordered an Escape and the T-bird at the same time. No price available on the T-bird at that time, they did not know what they were going to charge for the Thunderbirds. When the Escape arrived 4/25/01, I wanted to know if they would sell the Thunderbird at sticker. I told them I found another dealer that would sell at sticker. Their answer was no to sticker, I said use my $1000 deposit as payment on the Escape. This all happened at 5:30 PM, I was at Schlenker's at 7:00 PM to place my order at sticker. I am done with Keller Bros., even thought they are only about 4 miles from my home.

------------------
(2)Turbo Coupes
Yellow 2002 11528 in the shed

I was on the list at Ponca City, Bowker Ford. I was working with Cory Bowker, President of the company. I was # 3 on his list when he got the allocation, he only had two to sell. He contacted other dealers until he found one that would sell to me at MSRP. That was Panhandle Motors in Beaver OK. Bill Russell (owner)and I made the deal over the phone and by e-mail in November of 2000. I did not meet him until June when I went out to meet and take him to lunch. He has called and asked about the car two or three times since I picked up in November of 2001.
When Cory Bowker located a new dealer for me, he told me that he wanted to be the service dealer, he has been great.
So I think I have been lucky enough to have two great dealers.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

kransom,

Good luck with your new baby. Yours was the 10314th built. BTW, is it a premium or deluxe and is the interior accent or standard?

RTBRD_aka_jodrod:

This is, I believe, a premium with standard interior. It has traction control. I am not sure what the real difference is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back