GOOD DEALERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lums Ford / Lincoln / Mercury in Albemarle, North Carolina. Great dealer. Had my Neiman car delivered there and recently took delivery on my blue car. Lums gave both my cars extra attention, kept them away from lookers, and prepped them with extra attention. Of course the Neiman car was ordered from the Neiman phone line back in Sept. of 2000; but Lums sold me the blue car at MSRP.
No matter how many cars I buy there; the story is always the same. Fantastic service and detail to my satisfaction. I think this dealer could be used as the supreme example for the Blue Oval Certification.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Add mine---Evans Ford of Kinston, NC 252-522-3673. I've dealt with all of the sales staff there over the years and they've always treated me really well.

I actually showed Amadeus to a prospective order customer this morning for one of their salespeople. Immediate sale!! Customer was disappointed that he cannot order a Thunderbird Blue one, but was eager to get on the road with his own auto---even turned down my offer to let him take Amadeus for a spin around the parking lot here at the mall.

As RTBRD said earlier, I purchased from Santa Fe Ford in Alachua, FL. I dealt with Tom Folske, the internet salesman there. He was totally awesome to deal with. I became somewhat of a celebrity at the dealership, and was treated as such when I finally went to pick up my new baby on February 7, 2002! They even stored my baby in it's own building away from the general public 'til I was able to pick her up. As many of you know, I had previously ordered a car from World Ford Kendall, Sean Pearson was the LIAR salesman I dealt with. As soon as I realized the dealership was not going to honor our MSRP deal in November 2001, I had to scramble to find another dealership that would sell at MSRP. Although I was not sucessful in doing so, I was satisfied with $1,700 over along with being the next bird to go into production for the dealership. I ordered my car on November 17, 2001, it rolled off the line on January 18, 2002, and as I said earlier, I picked her up on February 7. I'm planning on using Sawgrass Ford as my servicing dealership, but the jury is still out on that. Thus far I haven't had to use the dealership other than buying a third key.

KB

Originally posted by HeelBird:
Add mine---Evans Ford of Kinston, NC 252-522-3673. I've dealt with all of the sales staff there over the years and they've always treated me really well.

I actually showed Amadeus to a prospective order customer this morning for one of their salespeople. Immediate sale!! Customer was disappointed that he cannot order a Thunderbird Blue one, ....

puzzled about why customer could not order a blue one??? orders on the 02 don't close until this summer - plenty of time to get a blue one ordered.

My dealer has to be in this group.
Manderbach Ford in Reading and my saleswoman is Tanya Moyer. Every one in this dealership got involved when they knew we had a problem or two with the car. Turning out to be a very caring dealership.

Maybe I should have been more clear---he can't order an '02 from our dealer since their allocation of 3 has already been delivered. He was intrigued by the tale of a possible supercharger, and said he'd definitely want one with the "squirrel cage" if it were available.

Montmorency Ford in Brossard Quebec, Canada (south of Montreal)

Excellent service, assisted in the manage the wait period.

Have sent me nany little perks to compensate for the absense of a "Ford Collection" program in Canada.

Great sales team, great service team.

Ron Bortnick Ford. Charged over MSRP -- but less than most of the dealers in this area. Grady Buckmaster is a really great guy. The dealership team is wonderful and will probably go there for all service.

------------------
Tommy TBird Blue
Blue/Full Blue/White Top

RTBRD_aka_jodrod:

It has the chome 7 spoke (premium) wheels which I really like. This bird is so rock steady on the road, it is really fun to drive.

Originally posted by HeelBird:

I actually showed Amadeus to a prospective order customer this morning for one of their salespeople. Immediate sale!! Customer was disappointed that he cannot order a Thunderbird Blue one, but was eager to get on the road with his own auto---even turned down my offer to let him take Amadeus for a spin around the parking lot here at the mall.

Small world, it was my parents that you showed the car to. They appricated it by the way. They are ordering a Black with Blue interior. Nice cars, but I have a faster taste.

I work in Kinston by the way.

Ryan

-

confused.gif
c5hardtop, Did they order an 03, just wondering what is the black with a blue inter. Not available in the 02's

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

Originally posted by Gobird:
confused.gif
c5hardtop, Did they order an 03, just wondering what is the black with a blue inter. Not available in the 02's

First, nothing goes through until the acutal time the dealer puts the order in the system. If its like whay GM does, it will be another month or two before there systems allow orders for 03s. They are on dealer list
with those preferences, Black Exterior and the Blue/black interior. The dealer told them they could order it that way. I myself know little about the new T-birds so maybe the dealer was mistaken. But in other brands you usually can, altough its usually not listed as available, you can order any interior color with any exterior color.... believe me I actually know people who have Yellow Corvettes with red interiors.

They were also claiming that a Supercharged version (which they wanted) would be available and they base model would increase to 280hp. I'm not sure if my father was BSing me on that part b/c I was critizing it for being slow... thats why I was visiting the forum to see if that was correct.

-

From what you said I though you meant they ordered a Black ext. w/t Blue int. you can get a Blue Ext. with a Black int. And yes they are offering a supercharger for the 03's and that is pretty close as far as HP.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

From what you said I though you meant they ordered a Black ext. w/t Blue int. you can get a Blue Ext. with a Black int. And yes they are offering a supercharger for the 03's and that is pretty close as far as HP.

Thats what I meant, they said it could be ordered, Black EXTERIOR and a Blue and Black INTERIOR.

frown.gif
Can't be an 02 must be an 03. This combo is Not an 02 option.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

frown.gif
Can't be an 02 must be an 03. This combo is Not an 02 option.

Yes..., I already said it was an 03 in the previous post. On most makes even though interior color choices are listed as only being available with certain exterior colors, you can actually order any interior with any exterior.

c5hardtop: Thanks for the heads up on another possible change for the 2003.

Deviating from the standards offered hasn't been the case with the 2002 Thunderbird that we know of. Ford has seemed adamant in sticking with the original plans for the colors. There have been no reports of anyone being able to change the standard color combos on their orders but there have been changes made after the cars have arrived at the dealers & aftermarket.

As for the 2003, nothing official has leaked out to us about the interiors for next year other than that white inserts may be offered. We're not even sure of the colors that will be offered for the interiors for 03.

You're the first to say that a dealer is willing to put a black & blue interior with a black car for 03. It's reports like that that get us searching for more info. The only real word we've heard is that the dealers won't be able to start placing orders with Ford for the cars until sometime in May. The rest have been unofficial "rumors"

There were some dealers in 2000 that started receiving the info on the 2002 colors in October, 2000 - 3 months before the dealers were allowed to place orders for the cars so it's quite possible for some dealers to already have the info now for the 2003.

------------------
Dot, tbird blue w/white top on order, #18/26 the New T-bird

Originally posted by thenewtbird2:
c5hardtop: Thanks for the heads up on another possible change for the 2003.

Deviating from the standards offered hasn't been the case with the 2002 Thunderbird that we know of. Ford has seemed adamant in sticking with the original plans for the colors. There have been no reports of anyone being able to change the standard color combos on their orders but there have been changes made after the cars have arrived at the dealers & aftermarket.

As for the 2003, nothing official has leaked out to us about the interiors for next year other than that white inserts may be offered. We're not even sure of the colors that will be offered for the interiors for 03.

You're the first to say that a dealer is willing to put a black & blue interior with a black car for 03. It's reports like that that get us searching for more info. The only real word we've heard is that the dealers won't be able to start placing orders with Ford for the cars until sometime in May. The rest have been unofficial "rumors"

There were some dealers in 2000 that started receiving the info on the 2002 colors in October, 2000 - 3 months before the dealers were allowed to place orders for the cars so it's quite possible for some dealers to already have the info now for the 2003.

Yeah... I'm not claiming to have inside information or anything, that is just want they wanted and the dealer thought they could order it that way. It is a realitively small dealer (had 3 Tbird allocations last year), so there not Tbird experts or anything. I just wanted to clarify that on most domestic brands, you see on websites and brochures that there are only certain interior choices with each exterior color. But thats not really the case, any interior can be order with any exterior on most domestic brands, weither its the same with Tbird or not I don't know, but its unlikely a dealer will know untill they try to order one, and its not worth the risk to dealer to order a weird color combo for stock. So you don't really know until you input the order that way and see if it gets accepted or rejected.

After my experience today I had to say more about my dealer. I purchased from Panhandle Motors (owner Bill Russell). I called the customer service last night to see if they could help my service dealer find a part. The passager side drip rail (rain gutter) has been broken and Bowker Ford in Ponca City tried to get a new one. I have a performance white top, they ordered white, got a whisper white, ford tolf them to order by vehicle color, you are right they got a red one. Their sources in Ford told them that no performance white tops had been made, so that color was not available. I gave all this to customer service, Bill Russell called this morning to see what the problem was, so I explained. He said he would get on it and let me know. This afternoon he called and gave me the part number for the correct color. I called the parts department in Ponca City and they ordered the drip rail for me. Again I think I have been able to deal with two great dealers!!!

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

Shamrock Ford in Pleasanton, CA was FANTASTIC. I'm relatively young and all the dealerships in Seattle treated me poorly because I don't look like I could afford a Gremlin - much less a Bird. I was in CA on business and stopped in to test drive the bird they had (I was jonesing). I ended up buying one from them. Not only were they amazing to work with, the car was about 6k less than what the guys in Seattle would give it to me for.

HUGE recommendation from me. Very pleased (and the drive home was fantastic!)

------------------
Steve W
VIN-1FAHP60A62Y110376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back