Getting a 2004 ready for a roadtrip. | Page 2 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Getting a 2004 ready for a roadtrip.

• Thread starter Thread starter Kevin in CDA
  • Start date Start date
If I had to get this Bird home I would fly out to the location, do a one way rental of a pickup from someone like U/Haul, rent a tandem car trailer also from U/Haul, load up the bird and back home. If the truck or trailer breaks U/Haul has the problem. Carry a car cover to protect the Bird. Enjoy the trip.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If I had to get this Bird home I would fly out to the location, do a one way rental of a pickup from someone like U/Haul, rent a tandem car trailer also from U/Haul, load up the bird and back home. If the truck or trailer breaks U/Haul has the problem. Carry a car cover to protect the Bird. Enjoy the trip.
What's the fun in that???

Definitely buy a set of coils, per Biddle's link, and gather the tools needed to R&R. Maybe a set of plugs, also. Anyone can change them - it isn't rocket science, just tedious. If you can't change them, just having the parts onboard will shorten the downtime at a shop. Avoid dealer$. Good luck - should be a fun trip. 🙂
I changed the plugs and coils in my 2005 . Passenger side not to bad, driver side just be patient and take your time. Make sure to have right tools to do the job. Various extensions length, 3/8and 1/4 socket set plus universal joint for each. Spark plug socket. Watch u-tube videos on how it is done . Small Lincoln 2002,03 has same engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back