Fitchburg, MA Car Show April 15, 2007 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Fitchburg, MA Car Show April 15, 2007

• Thread starter Thread starter George
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

George

Passed Away July 25, 2015
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
The first car show, of the new season in New England, is held every year at the Fitchburg Airport in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. This is our 37th year of Classics, Antiques, Hot Rods, Automobilia and Petrolania etc. - Usually 500+ cars on display along with 350 flea market vendors.
I am making arrangements for all New Thunderbirds to attend and we'll be able to assemble just before the airport and then go in and park together for the show. Last year I had 15 new birds attend.
I have also made arrangements at a hotel overlooking the airport for reduced rates. I have just received final conformation from the Sheraton Four Points Hotel in Leominster, MA.
So, if you plan on coming to the Fitchburg Car Show on 4-15-07, and staying over Saturday night, April 14th, you can now call in your reservation at 978-534-9000. Remember to register as part of the “New England Thunderbirds” to get the $95.00 rate. I have a total of 15 rooms set aside
If you are local and want to join us, plan on meeting us Sunday morning in the hotel parking area, to caravan in together.
It's always nice to meet other TBird enthusiasts.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Steve: Sorry, I didn't ask them. However, on another note, the Airport/car show does not allow dogs at all. So I guess it's a mute point

Count me in ...I missed it last year but i'll be there this year!
I'm somewhat local so I dont need a room.
See you there.

05 red w/ink black interior

Count me in ...I missed it last year but i'll be there this year!
I'm somewhat local so I dont need a room.
See you there.

05 red w/ink black interior

Tattwo - Great to hear it. I've got 15 so far that have agreed to come up. From NY 5, from CT 3, from RI 1, from NH 2, the rest from MA. Not all staying at the hotel.
I can provide more details as we get closer to the 14th, but if you want to join the group, there are 3 to 4 new people so far, you're welcome to meet us at the hotel Saturday evening for a caravan to dinner, (TBird optional), to possibly, "The Mill" restaurant.
If you can't make it Saturday, still plan on joining us on Sunday morning. We usually meet at 8 AM in the hotel's parking lot for dusting off and then caravan in to the show field. This way we can park together.
One day or both, please bring your wife, girl, etc. For Sunday, it's wise to bring chairs. There are plenty of vendors and there will be a food consessionair.
Hopefully others can join us as well. I look forward to meeting you!!

I will also try to contact irsgm, Rock_T_Bird, and HerRing, who all had previously expressed a potential interest

Talked it over with the little woman and we'll be there Sat. nite see you then.
We'll be coming up from East hampton, CT

That's great!! I have two other definites from CT, so far. One from Portland and one from Woodbury. They generally caravan in together, so if you wanted to hook up with them, just let me know.
BTW, I have a special rate at the Sheraton, I'll post the particulars as soon as I can find the data.

Here is the hotel info:
I have received final conformation from the Sheraton Four Points Hotel in Leominster, MA. This hotel overlooks the airfield that we are going to for the car show.
So, if you plan on coming to the Fitchburg Car Show on 4-15-07, and staying over Saturday night, April 14th, you can now call in your reservation at 978-534-9000. Remember to register as part of the “New England Thunderbirds” to get the $95.00 rate. I have a total of 15 rooms set aside.

We usually caravan out to dinner Saturday evening for those who may want to join us. Then on Sunday morning, around 9:00 AM we'll caravan into the show, about 5 minutes away.
Around 1-2PM we usually break up and have a parting lunch, at a local restaurant, before everyone gets on the road to home - Also optional.
Since this is our 5th year getting New England Tbirders together, I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new friends.😎

Tattwo 98:

I was telling my friend from Portland, CT, that you may be joining us in Fitchburg. He said he is two towns away from yours and that he had met a woman over there last year that had a Yellow Bird.....Would that be your car???

Nope not me...mines red with black interior.
I think I know who there talking about he stopped me on my way home and talked t-bird for about an hour...lol

Tattwo98, went to a Meguiars detailing show in Hartford yesterday. Very informative too.

A Freindly reminder

Ten days left to get the $95.00 rate:
As you all know, I reserved 15 rooms at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel, for the “New England Thunderbirds“. - I realize that many of the Mass. people will not be staying over but meeting us in the AM.
But, so far, only six (6) people have registered and there is a cut off of March 14th. when we lose that rate.
So, if you are planning to stay over, the night of April 14th, please call the hotel before March 14th. Ten days left - The Phone Number is, 978-534-9000 and tell them you are registering under the "New England Thunderbird" group, to get the $95.00 rate

Last edited:
Right now, I have to drop off my wife and daughter at the airport for a 6:00 a.m. flight that day.
My plan is then to go home and switch cars and drive up to Fitchburg.
Since it's about a 2 1/2 hour ride, I'll probably arrive a little late (about 10:30) so I guess I'll have to look for the group there.
Shouldn't be too hard to find a bunch of new Birds with NE license plates, even for a retired guy...

irsgm:
That's great. I'll try to hold a parking slot for you as well, but can't promise it.

Tattow98 and irsgm:
If you need any thing in the way of directions for you're trips, let me know and I'll be glad to help
I have attached a copy of the flyer for your info. and local directions once there.

Great news

It now appears that we'll have in excess of 20 New Birds at the Fitchburg airport car show on April 15th
Many staying over Saturday night, April 14th, and going to dinner in a caravan of Birds.
Others joining us at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel around 8:30 AM on April 15th to caravan into the field together. And still others joining us later in the morning on the field.
If you come in late and we are not able to hold a spot open for you, come on over and ask for George and I'll get you introduced. As cars leave we'll be able to get your car over with us.
Remember to bring a dust cloth and chairs.

You'll see Antiques, Classics, Hot Rods, Customs and Trucks - Along with Automobilia, Petrolania and Vintage Toys. And of course the NEW BIRDS of many colors and modifications. With aftermarket items i.e. Borla exhausts (in case you want to hear them before you buy), CAI systems, Embroidered leather head rest and visor covers and QAA mirror finish stainless items for the exterior of the New Birds, some with Special wheels and Tires, and more.

Anyone who has not, can send me an email or just PM me if you wnat to join us. I'll certainly be meeting a few new people this year.

By the way, this is the 37th Year that our Early Ford V8 Club has held this event and the 5th year that I have had the pleasure of inviting the New Birds.

Last edited:
One of the members has been successful in aranging for a tour of the Collings Auto and aircraft Museum on Saturday 4-14-07. This is located in Stow, MA

I've been to the Collings estate on three occasions and this is a great place to view some automotive and aircraft history.
As you drive up the driveway it looks just like an old Georgian mansion with a barn attached. But, open the double door to the barn and you'll see 50+ antique cars, original and restored, sitting on white marble chips, on either side of a brick walkway. Down in the back of this set up is his private hot tub and bar, where he sits and enjoys the collection.
Go out across the field to a single story building, walk in and you find you're walking into the second story, balcony all the way around the building. Over looking aircraft down below. Then we're able to go down stairs and view the aircraft. Some of which are generally under restoration. Of course the large dors down stairs lead to his grassy airstrip.
There is a '50's cafe upstairs on the balcony, but since Wes was successful in getting us in before their actual season starts, it may not be open.
Definitely a good place to start a TBird weekend. I know I'll be there. Anyone else? We are planning to meet at one place and go in together.

Update / Itinerary:
So far we have arriving on Friday night 4-13, and staying over at the Sheraton Four Points in Fitchburg, MA:
Sal & Jo
Serge & Nicole
Wes
Any local people that want to meet us for dinner on Friday night?

Here is the info for the people meeting Saturday morning for a cruise:
We'll be meeting at:

The Salt Box Country Store
626 Main St.
Bolton, Ma. 01740
(978) 779-5023

from I-495 North heading southbound
take the Bolton Rt. 117 exit #27
at the bottom of the ramp turn Left onto Rt. 117 towards Bolton
go 3/10th of a mile and the Salt Box is on the left

from I-495 South, heading Northbound
take the Bolton Rt. 117 exit #27
at the bottom of the ramp turn Right onto Rt. 117 towards Bolton
go 3/10th of a mile and the Salt Box is on the left

If you want to arrive early, the Salt Box has a small restaurant that serves breakfast, snacks, and coffee. They open at 9:00 AM. If you go in the front door of the country store the restaurant is off to the left hand side.

Those staying at the Hoel on Friday night will assemble with Wes and meet us at the Saltbox
Please be ready to caravan out of the Salt Box by 10:00 AM and we will then head over to the Collings car/airplane museum located in Stow, Ma.

After touring the museum, we will caravan over to:

Nashoba Valley Winery
100 Wattaquadoc Hill Rd.
Bolton, Ma. 01740
(978) 779-5521

$3.00 admission includes a tour of the facility, a souvenir wine glass, and a tasting bar with wine and beer. We will then have an outdoor picnic lunch on the grounds there (food provided by Wes).

After lunch, we will caravan over to the bowling alley for a couple of strings of candlepin bowling.

Acton Bowladrome
257 Main St.
Acton, Ma. 01720
(978) 263-7638

After bowling, we'll make a quick stop for ice cream, then make our way back to the Sheraton Four Points to check-in, have a short rest, and then out to dinner for the evening. NOTE: We have 10 couples booked for Saturday night and 11 others meeting us Sunday AM

For Sunday:

Plan to meet in the parking lot of the Sheraton and 8:30 AM and we'll all caravan into the show from there at 9:00 AM.

The show starts to wind down around 1:00 PM, so after the show, plan to stop for a late lunch/early dinner with us and we can have you on the road home by 3:30 PM.

Feel free to join us for all, or just any portions of these days you want - We welcome all. It's a rain or shine so your other car is welcome as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back