Find out what day your car was built | Page 4 | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Find out what day your car was built

• Thread starter Thread starter Quickdraw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete:

1FAHP60AX2Y100854
Ordered: 1/21/2001
Built: 6/22/01
At dealer: 8/10/01
Sold date: 8/14/01

Looks like you too were one of the first in the country to have one...

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Jawill:
It will be interesting to see what your dates are compared to mine, since my VIN is 111681 or 89 after yours

Jawill2000,

1FAHP60A62Y111592

Ordered: 8/22/2001
Produced: 2/15/2002
At dealer: 3/2/2002
Sold Date: 3/4/2002

how 'bout one more?

1FAHP60A12Y124234 2002 Premium Yellow White 3833 Thank you Quick..........

Sure FreeBird, Ill check it tomorrow. You have a white top? You don't mean you have a white interior? And whats the 3833?

See, I have more questions than you had for me... 😀

Yes.....white top...../full interior/ 3833 is the rotation number. Thank you Quick.

I suppose you know your yellow/white/full Premium is only one of 80 made? And judging from your high VIN it looks as if your rotation number is the third time around for 3833....

Last edited:
Free as a Bird,

1FAHP60A12Y124234

Ordered: 6/20/02
Built on: 8/6/02
At dealer: 8/15/02
Sold Date: 8/22/02

VIN: 1FAHP60A82Y125042

Quick,

I'm both new to the forum and a new owner. I bought my 2002 "Blackbird" just over 2 weeks ago, and I love it. It was a one-owner trade-in that I purchased from a Ford dealer. I know the original owner took delivery in October 2002.

The car has some options that I understood to be offered only on the 2003 models. For instance, the car has the SelectShift automatic, 2 speed variable interval wipers, and the 280 hp rated engine. Perhaps Ford integrated some of the 2003 changes into late-year 2002's? The car is titled as a 2002 vehicle, so I'm curious to discover it's "birthday."

Any additional information you can provide about the car would be greatly appreciated. My VIN is 1FAHP60A82Y125042.

Jack, 2002 SR-71

2002 SR-71 and TonyC,
The system I access to check build dates has been acting up lately and I can't get you the info right away... maybe a couple more days, I check it every day and will get it for you as soon as it's back on-line.

2002 SR-71,
Yours is the second such 2002 I've heard of with the 2003 engine. The other guy also got the 2003 boot, (folds up) but I don't know if the dealer switched the boot or if it came from the factory like that. That would be sweet to have the 2003 engine - they say the extra 28 horsepower is very noticeable. How did you know it was the 280hp engine? I forget does it have the HP on the engine cover?

Quick,

I'm trying to remember where I found the hp info, but I'll check this evening. It's in a dark parking garage at work at the moment. She definitely has the "get up and go"... I test drove an '04 and my car before deciding upon my purchase, and I couldn't discern any difference in the acceleration between the two.

Mine is black with a black hard top and black interior. She had only 29,000 miles when purchased, and I've put another 1,000 in the past couple weeks. It's my only vehicle, but I live only 4 miles from work and she's garaged at both ends.

I fell in love with the Thunderbirds when I saw an original black 1957 for the first time many years ago. My best friends' father had bought the car new from a dealer in Arkansas, and he's had it ever since. I have fond memories of riding around in that car, and the reactions of people seeing it. My car evokes similar responses, which is a pleasant symetry.

Look forward to participating in the forums here, and thanks again for your help.

Jack, 2002 SR-71

Re: VIN: 1FAHP60A82Y125042

Originally posted by 2002 SR-71
Quick,

I'm both new to the forum and a new owner. I bought my 2002 "Blackbird" just over 2 weeks ago, and I love it. It was a one-owner trade-in that I purchased from a Ford dealer. I know the original owner took delivery in October 2002.

The car has some options that I understood to be offered only on the 2003 models. For instance, the car has the SelectShift automatic, 2 speed variable interval wipers, and the 280 hp rated engine. Perhaps Ford integrated some of the 2003 changes into late-year 2002's? The car is titled as a 2002 vehicle, so I'm curious to discover it's "birthday."

Any additional information you can provide about the car would be greatly appreciated. My VIN is 1FAHP60A82Y125042.

Jack, 2002 SR-71

Jack,

Check out this link. It a TBird Registry, I found your Bird's previous owner.Link to Tbird Registry

tbird2003,
Thank you very much, but your link doesn't work. Not your fault but unfortunately this, as most other sites, block out competing websites URLs. I found the below information where I think you wanted to refer to however it doesn't show build date or sale date. I hope to have that soon. If you found data elsewhere with the build date and sale date please copy & paste it here.
=================================
Registry Number: 12591
Name: submitted by John Rotella - Thunderbird Registrar
Year: 2002
Body Style: 2-door Convertible
VIN: 1FAHP60A82Y125042
Production Codes:
Owner Comments: This is a 2002 Thunderbird. It is Evening Black with a black hard top, a black soft top, and a black leather interior. As of November, 2003 it was Fort Worth, Texas with 29,000 miles on the odometer.

QuickDraw,

I you found the site. I just wanted to make it known that the registry has info about all models of T-Birds and that owners of used birds could search to see if there cars were registered by someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back