EZTop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by greenwr:
There are 2 different brands that are being taled about. I have the Top/CAP EZ lift by James Motor Sports, the other is just EZLift
I ordered in December and it only took a couple of weeks to get here. Since then the orders by be out running his capacity.
Car sure looks different with the black converible top instaed of the White hard top!!!

I chose the TopCap lift over EZ Top primarily because I called Bruce at Top Cap and he seems to be a good guy ad knows his stuff. I ordered it mid day on Friday Bruce said it should go out on Monday. Today he sent me an e mail advising it did go out Monday, should get it Wed. I am going to take pictures off the entire process, installation, top removal, etc. I will have those available to anyone who wants them. By the way, Bruce isn't backed up on shipments, worse case scenario is 3-5 days (he says).
Stau tuned

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Ordered electric E-ZTop yesterday. Emil e-mailed me that it could take 8 weeks for delivery and to have patience. I think we all learned a little patience in waiting for our Birds to land, so what's two more months of waiting. It should be here when the nice April weather hits the deep South.

I just got my EZ Top delivered today! I'll probably start installation either Friday or Saturday. Emil said it should take about 4-5 hours to install. I'll let you all know...Gotta get the 'Bird first tomorrow! Bummer that it's supposed to rain all day :-(

KB

Have posted pics of the hard top hoist on the Yahoo site. Hope this helps the ones that have ordered one.

------------------
02 T-Bird
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

Great pics, Gobird, Finally see the TBird symble with the doors open. The hoist looks great, how long did it take you to get it hooked up and assembled? Can not wait to see a blue bird in person, the interior looks out of this world, I love it. Congrats, you even have the decal in the port.!!

GoBird-
Is your lift a Top/Cap Lift, by James Motor Sports?
It looks almost identical to the one I got from them this past week.

I have open rafter garage. I already had an 8' 2x4 for framing. Took me 1 hour to frame it (could have been done in half that time, over built as far as being square and level)
It then took about 2 hours to assemble and mount the lift. Made 2 calls (800#) to Bruce at Top/Cap during the process. He is very available and helpful.
I am pleased with the electric lift from them. It was $300 delivered, ordered on a Friday arrived next Wednesday.
My only criticism is that the instructions for assembly and installation should have been written by someone that was doing it for the first time. By that I mean, if you have done it once or more they make perfect sense. Not all that clear otherwise. Again Bruce took me thru the 2 steps I was hung up on in less than 2 minutes each.
I too have pics if anyone wants to e mail me, I won't clutter the accessory page with more of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back