Daytime running lights | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Daytime running lights

• Thread starter Thread starter BCBIRD
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B
Reaction score
I am just buying a 2002 and bringing back to Canada. Can anyone tell me how I will go about having the running lights on in the daytime as it is a Canadian requirement for safety registration. Not sure if it can be a computer change or a special module.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi BC Bird and welcome!
The least expensive way is to put a piece of electrical tape over the sensor in the middle of your dash by the windshield. Cheating, but it works. Actually it keeps the headlights on whereas DRL's are usually at lower power
Not sure if any '02's were done but I do have some data to share. It's rather lengthy so if you wantr to PM me your email address I'll send what I have to you.😎

DRL's on your bird?

I am just buying a 2002 and bringing back to Canada. Can anyone tell me how I will go about having the running lights on in the daytime as it is a Canadian requirement for safety registration. Not sure if it can be a computer change or a special module.

Hello, I am just in the process of bringing my 05 bird to Canada. How did it go with you for the install of the drls? Was Ford able to just hook up computer and turn them on?
Thanks for any info.
Regards

Will be a couple of weeks before the car is in Canada. I have to go through an inspection with the Government so tape over the sensor will not work. George if you can send me info my email is greeve@telus.net thanks.

Hi BC Bird and welcome!
The least expensive way is to put a piece of electrical tape over the sensor in the middle of your dash by the windshield. Cheating, but it works. Actually it keeps the headlights on whereas DRL's are usually at lower power
Not sure if any '02's were done but I do have some data to share. It's rather lengthy so if you wantr to PM me your email address I'll send what I have to you.😎

greeve@telus.net Would appreciate naything you have on running lights. thanks

BC:

I sent yoiu multiple emails, hope this helps 🙂
George

Drl

I brought in a 2004 several years ago. Ford was able to turn on the DRLs from their laptop.

I brought in a 2004 several years ago. Ford was able to turn on the DRLs from their laptop.

It sure would be nice to know if any owner can do that themselves. If you're still using that dealer, maybe you can ask, next time you're in for service?😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back