Database Info for the New Birds - post here

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Picked up today at dealer 1FAHP60A62Y115688, premium, yellow, white top, full interior...a stunning beauty! It arrived at dealer in south Louisiana on Saturday, April 27. Paid MSRP, which was my understanding when I ordered in January, 2001, but was a little nervous until I got the final costs. I added the chrome escutheon and Tbird floormats. Well worth the ups and downs of the wait!!

Update from Arlington Tx. Number 15 of 26, VIN 1FAHP60A82Y118334 triple blue full interior premium going to a fine home in Southlake, Tx. OOPS number 22 of 26 VIN 1FAHP60A82Y118365 white, white top deluxe going to a fine home in Arlington, Tx. Eta for both vehicles 05/27/02. Don't ask me how the sequence got out of order, it may be because of the wheels. Still trying for the middle of June for Dot's car. Be patient and hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel. 16 is delivered 17's VIN should be here next Monday.

I saw a red premium, with full accent interior, at the post office this morning. The owner, a very nice lady, said she picked up the car about a month ago. They got rid of an SLK and she loves this TBird. VIN is 1FAHP60A62Y112094. The soft top was up, but she said she had a red hardtop, too. It's a very nice looking car.
Hugh

The Birds are out. Yesterday at church, I spotted 1FAHP60A42Y108321. It's already on the list, without a state. It is in Texas, and its a beautiful blue premium, partial blue interior, with a blue hardtop. (Just like mine!!!)

I also spotted a yellow Bird, 130A package, premium wheels, plain black interior, sticker says removable top, although it was not on the car. This new beauty is located at Texan Ford, Katy, TX. VIN is 1FAHP60A92Y112476. Sticker was $39,195 before the "market adjustment" of $7,500. Ouch.

Jodrod - are you the fellow who added the Hidlebrand wheels? And lowered the springs?

No, I forget who did the Halibrand wheels, other than the show car at Pepple Beach. I put Boyd Coddingtons on mine and have done nothing to the suspension.

i noticed my car didnt make the registry, posted info on 4/28. guess you missed it while you were on vacation. now that i have my car, ive been looking for a place to go on vacation in it. i think galveston tx is my next destination. happy motoring!

------------------

southwest la t-bird,

Mark your calendar to go to the gathering being put together by TBirdTim and others in mid October to go to Destin, Fla. My wife and I are going to try to get a group together, meet in Biloxi, and arrive in Destin as a caravan of T-Birds. There are several from AR, LA, TX, and MS that could make this happen. Anybody interested?

Charlie & Margaret

I received a call from my dealer today informing that my car (blue/blue/premium/black accent) arrived yesterday. I should be able to take delivery tomorrow (5/8). I'm waiting for confirmation from my dealer.

Over the past two weeks I learned from the 800# that my car was built on 4/30, the eta was the week of 5/13 and now I know the actual delivery date will be 5/8.

As soon as I have a rotation number, I will post.

Thanks!

Found a used one in town, I was told it was on consignment. Vin 60A32Y100632. It is an all black premium. Inside and out. It has 950 miles on it and they are asking $46000. Maybe in a week or so I put some better duds on and try to take it for a spin. I think dressed in my work cloths, covered in sheet rock dust, they didn't take me seriously. john

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

JodRod:

Our dealer, Plaza Ford, Bel Air, Md, now has a Red/ Red full accent interior premium for sale. The customer, a local used car dealer, refused it because the dealer would not sell it with an open CO. Only drawback to it is that the parking lights were not ordered-looks a little strange without them. Sticker is $40400, but they are asking $5K over. Last six digits of serial number are:115246.

Skip
Red/Red/Red Premium #1678

Originally posted by jodrod:
2/9/02 Changed the name to be more descriptive.

I am not affiliated with Ford Motor Company, all the data I gather comes from individuals with an interest in the new Thunderbird.

The files will be updated on a regular basis depending on the amount of data received since the last update.

For the new people on the board, I have been collecting data on all the Birds that I can, so if you have any of the below information on your car, I would appreciate receiving it.

The plots that I post on the Yahoo group site, thenewtbirddata have estimates on build/ETA/delivery dates along with a model breakdown. Due to the limited data that I have, I feel that the estimations may be optimistic, however it will give you a rough idea of build/ETA/delivery dates. As more data is gathered the better the fits will be. For this reason I would appreciate as many build dates/ETA's/delivery dates that I can get. Keep in mind that these are estimates and should not be taken as absolute.

The plots are located in both the files section (.jpg extension) and the photo section. The data is located in the files section in the 2002 TBird Data Files folder.

You can post your info here or email it to me at the below address. If you email me the data your email name will be used as the owner. When submiting data please include as much as possible of the following:

Your full 17 digit VIN, build week, ETA, delivery date, destination (where it is being delivered to, not necessarily where you live) exterior color, top color, model (premium or deluxe), interior color (full, partial, accent or standard), your name if you want it included and any remarks.

We have also found that the build rotation/sequence number is on one of the VIN stickers located on the fenders (front, rear, left and right), hood, trunk, and the doors (there may be more locations that I am currently not aware of). The rotation/sequence number is the actual order of production. It will be a four digit number above the VIN on one of the stickers. If you have a high VIN and low rotation number, add 9960 to the rotation number to find the actual production number of the car. Example: my VIN is 2532 but the rotation number is 2167, indicating that my car was the 2167th 2002 Thunderbird built or VIN 10619 has rotation # 0160 so it was the 10120th car built (160+9960=10120).

Also if you could include your position in the dealer allocation (# of #) it would be useful in giving people who have not received a VIN an idea of when they might.

The usual sequence for vehicle order status is as follows:

(1) clean/unscheduled (2) submitted to plant (3) scheduled (4) locked in (no changes to order allowed) (5) bucked (implies that production of the vehicle has commenced) (6) produced (7) released from plant (8) assignment of a railcar or released to convoy (9) arrived at ramp (rail yard or distribution center near delivery site) (10) if not assigned in step 8, released to convoy.

Thanx,

Jodrod - I noticed you did not have the state of delivery on my 02 NM - it is KY.

DBird

My Tbird just arrived Vin # 1FAHP60A02Y115928

Originally posted by jodrod:
2/9/02 Changed the name to be more descriptive.

I am not affiliated with Ford Motor Company, all the data I gather comes from individuals with an interest in the new Thunderbird.

The files will be updated on a regular basis depending on the amount of data received since the last update.

For the new people on the board, I have been collecting data on all the Birds that I can, so if you have any of the below information on your car, I would appreciate receiving it.

The plots that I post on the Yahoo group site, thenewtbirddata have estimates on build/ETA/delivery dates along with a model breakdown. Due to the limited data that I have, I feel that the estimations may be optimistic, however it will give you a rough idea of build/ETA/delivery dates. As more data is gathered the better the fits will be. For this reason I would appreciate as many build dates/ETA's/delivery dates that I can get. Keep in mind that these are estimates and should not be taken as absolute.

The plots are located in both the files section (.jpg extension) and the photo section. The data is located in the files section in the 2002 TBird Data Files folder.

You can post your info here or email it to me at the below address. If you email me the data your email name will be used as the owner. When submiting data please include as much as possible of the following:

Your full 17 digit VIN, build week, ETA, delivery date, destination (where it is being delivered to, not necessarily where you live) exterior color, top color, model (premium or deluxe), interior color (full, partial, accent or standard), your name if you want it included and any remarks.

We have also found that the build rotation/sequence number is on one of the VIN stickers located on the fenders (front, rear, left and right), hood, trunk, and the doors (there may be more locations that I am currently not aware of). The rotation/sequence number is the actual order of production. It will be a four digit number above the VIN on one of the stickers. If you have a high VIN and low rotation number, add 9960 to the rotation number to find the actual production number of the car. Example: my VIN is 2532 but the rotation number is 2167, indicating that my car was the 2167th 2002 Thunderbird built or VIN 10619 has rotation # 0160 so it was the 10120th car built (160+9960=10120).

Also if you could include your position in the dealer allocation (# of #) it would be useful in giving people who have not received a VIN an idea of when they might.

The usual sequence for vehicle order status is as follows:

(1) clean/unscheduled (2) submitted to plant (3) scheduled (4) locked in (no changes to order allowed) (5) bucked (implies that production of the vehicle has commenced) (6) produced (7) released from plant (8) assignment of a railcar or released to convoy (9) arrived at ramp (rail yard or distribution center near delivery site) (10) if not assigned in step 8, released to convoy.

Thanx,

VIN # 1FAHP60AX2Y119355
Whisper white premium w/white hardtop, full red accent interior. #4 of 7...

Dealer anticipates build week first week of June with an ETA second week of June.

biggrin.gif

I saw 1FHAP60A22Y101500 today at a grocery store parking lot in Marble Falls, TX. It's a black premium, no accent interior, with the soft top up so I don't know about a hard top. It was filthy dirty, too. Come on, people, keep the Birds clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back