Cooling Fan | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Cooling Fan

• Thread starter Thread starter msutton1951
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

msutton1951

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
My '03 Bird appears to be overheating according to the guage and overheat light. How can one see whether the cooling fan is running or not? I've tried every which way to look at it, using flashlight, trouble light and sunlight and all sorts of angles. Also, it seems that there is no difference between A/C off and A/C on (tested after car cooled down for 5 hours). I'd sure like a visible indication that the fan is running or not.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I would mthink that with this heat we're havinmg that if you let it just sit and idle in the sun it should come on. I klnow there have been some new Birds in parades and they do heat up by standing or moving very slowly-Just a thought.
Not sure if you have the talent, but possibly tap into the wires on the electric fan and put a low voltage lamp on it, temporarily. Light on = fan on😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back