Coil on plugs COPS now covered under warranty 2004 & 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

George

Passed Away July 25, 2015
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Moderator Note 2016- You can buy the Ford Thunderbird Coils on Amazon for 38.99 for an entire set of 8 which is less than ONE motorcraft!

Coil on plugs COPS now covered under warranty 2004 & 2005

Good news -
There is now a Suppliment #1 issued to Customer satisfaction program 07M07.
As posted elsewhere here on site, 2003 Thuinderbirds were the only year to get extended coverage for COPS up to 100,000 miles.

This new suppliment #1 was issued to include extended coverage on ignition coil assemblies, only, for 2004 and 2005 Thunderbirds for up to 100,000 miles. It goes on to say that design changes were made on 2004/05 models to address oil contamination concerns, therefore the extended coverage on valve cover gasklets only applies to 2003.

So now COPS, or coils on plugs, are covered up to 100,000 miles for 2003 thru 2005 TBirds and the valve cover gaskets on 2003's up to 100,000 miles.

Those of us that have 2002's have been left out completely. Although I have not had any issues to date, I would feel more comfortable if Ford had included us as well.

Sorry for the mis-spelling in the title:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you not have a button that says go to advanced to edit the title?

I fixed it.

Thanks TBird, but how do I access it.

EDIT: I just hit edit on this post and found it.
However, on an old post, after a certain amount of time the edit capability goes away. But thanks for fixing it!!

Last edited:
For those of you who need a copy of the Program, Suppliment #1, for the extention of warranty on 2003 to 2005 TBirds, find it attached.

But, read it carefully. Some items other than COPS, that are covered on 2003, are not covered on 2004 & 2005's. At least the expensive parts will be covered.
By the way, if you have had COPS work done, and you paid for it, your receipt and this letter should get you a refund.

Those of us with 2002's are left out all together unless we start a letter campaign to Ford

Coil replacement

Hi,
This is my first time posting but I'm hoping you all can help. I have a 2003 Black T-bird that I was told needs to have 7 of the coils replace because the resistance is high and they are interfering with the gas pedal signal. The service rep said it is no longer under coverage even though I have an extended warantee to 84K miles and 2010. I read your post about the COP coverage being extended to 100K miles. Is this the same thing that my service rep is telling me isn't covered.

Coil Still Covered

Thanks for all the great posts. I called my service guy to ask about the CSP 07m07 and he checked into it and said yep I'm covered. You all saved me $1300 bucks. Worth every penny of my membership.
Thanks again.:D

Hi Phantom and welcome to the Forum.
I just responded to your PM and now see that the dealer has accepted your 07M07 program.
I have heard that other dealers recently are trying to get around this so I'm glad you stayed strong!!

BTW, if they are still working on the car, I would recommend you pay for the 8th coil. That way you start with a full set. I assume that their work must have some sort of guarantee. Therefore, if a coil goes out again, they can't blame it on the ONE you didn't replace. Please post results for us.

Back in 2008, I had the COPs issue, my local Ford dealer told me I was wrong and said the engine code was another issue and then performed service and charged me 400.00+...needless to say, as I literally started to drive away from Ford dealer my car shut Down, thankfully I drifted back into service bay and demanded they fix the COPS issue under the then extended 10 year warranty.

So, fast forward to 2017, had new tires but on by Ford service center and the COPS problem is manifesting. My car only has under 30k miles, do I understand that my 2004 Ford Mustang is still covered? This same Ford dealer told me the extended warranty ended in 2014 for my 2004. ANY help so they don't rip me off again is appreciated. Please feel free to email directly if you like: palmsprings_shirl@*********
Thank you forum members, you saved me before and hoping you can again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in 2008, I had the COPs issue, my local Ford dealer told me I was wrong and said the engine code was another issue and then performed service and charged me 400.00+...needless to say, as I literally started to drive away from Ford dealer my car shut Down, thankfully I drifted back into service bay and demanded they fix the COPS issue under the then extended 10 year warranty.

So, fast forward to 2017, had new tires but on by Ford service center and the COPS problem is manifesting. My car only has under 30k miles, do I understand that my 2004 Ford Mustang is still covered? This same Ford dealer told me the extended warranty ended in 2014 for my 2004. ANY help so they don't rip me off again is appreciated. Please feel free to email directly if you like: palmsprings_shirl@*********
Thank you forum members, you saved me before and hoping you can again!

The car is over 10 years so it's not under warranty, it's whichever comes first. PS I edited your post for you no need to be sorry...

Thanks Moderator! Is the service bulletin for the COPs issue archived on the forum anywhere. I want to print and take to my mechanic just for a reference point as to what this issue is just in case he is not familiar.

Thanks everyone.
-shirley

Is there a site to that can tell me if the coil covers and gaskets work was actually completed on a 2003-2005 TB, under this warranty coverage?

Is there a site to that can tell me if the coil covers and gaskets work was actually completed on a 2003-2005 TB, under this warranty coverage?
The Ford dealership can check in the OASIS system on warranty work history using your VIN. Why do you want to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back