Cleaning Windows | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Cleaning Windows

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam Lemon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S
Reaction score
It seems every time I get in the TBIRD I have to clean the windows inside (usually a couple of times) and outside. I don't smoke, the car is in my garage, and yet it seems there is a cloudy film that builds up after a couple of days. I have tried Windex, plain water, paper towels, lent free towels... Does anyone know of a product that will clean the windows and keep them clean for more than a couple of days? Oh yes, the problem seems worse if I leave the top down in the garage and it's humid. And it's most noticable during early morning and late afternoon/evening drives when the suns angle is lower.

Any ideas? I'm sick of cleaning the widows.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I've got one of those "Glass Wizards" as advertised on TV... its a triangle shaped thing onb ahandle that eliminates reaching and stretching. I just use Windex with this.

I use Windex Wipes Multi-surface with Vinegar. They remove the film and seem to keep it from forming so quickly. There is 25 wipes to the package and are about $3. The UPC code is 19800 32926. Do not use anything with ammonia.. It will only make the streaking worse on tinted windows.

I believe that the film comes from out gassing of the dash material and cannot be eliminated. I also think it is more prevelant in the Bird than my other cars.

Anyway - I use 60/40, alcohol and water in a spray bottle. Wipe with "tech wipes". These are used in clean rooms, since they don't leave lint.

You guys aren't reaching into the bottom corners of the windshield by hand are you? If so you're more agile than I....

Not me, got to have that "glass wizzard" to do that 😎

Cleaner

I have had a windshield film problem for 2 years or so. I seem to be allways trying to clean it and when the sun hit's it just right it was still there. In side and out.
I have tried all types of glass cleans and wax removers. 😡

I think it comes from the car wash. The guys use the same towells to wipe the car and the windshield. 😕

Well today I got it very clean. NO Smears, just clean. 🙂

I used the Worlds Ulimate Tint Cleaner. That's what it reads on the bottle.
I got at Tint World in Las Vegas NV. They have it under private label. Phone 702 315 8468.

I can see.
The Flash

Window Cleaning

🙂
Quickdraw said:
I've got one of those "Glass Wizards" as advertised on TV... its a triangle shaped thing onb ahandle that eliminates reaching and stretching. I just use Windex with this.

Can anyone tell me where to find the "glass wizards". Thanks

Myers6 said:
🙂

Can anyone tell me where to find the "glass wizards". Thanks

Probably Wallgreens, Wallmart, Kmart... its maybe an 18" long handle with a triangle pad on the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back