1964 power windows intermittent issues

D
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have 64 Bird and the rear windows work intermittently. New motors in both, new switches, complete alignment of the windows that are perfectly in line either the weatherstripping. All wiring tested and 12 volts to all connections, ran a separate ground to one window and still same issue.
It seems the issue is the motor and regulator alignment whereby the four bolts holding the motor can be loosen and the one that is more difficult or binding will cause the motor to work and move the window properly.
Problem is a little while later it stops working again. Does anyone know of trick or ways to fix this problem!!!!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It sounds to me like your regulator is worn out...

On my 65 I was having issues with all the power windows, sometimes very slow, sometimes getting stuck. I ended up removing all of them and cleaning and regreasing the regulator gear drive assembly, using white lithium grease. I also recall the rear ones were finicky until I got the assembly properly aligned. The front has several adjustments that can be made (refer to the factory shop manual). The rear not so much.

Back