Changed Battery, now windows not working right | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Changed Battery, now windows not working right

• Thread starter Thread starter azSerge
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I just changed my battery. Now my windows are not going up and down right. Any ideas how to fix this issue. Could it be a program issue? Thanks

It's in the owners manual but to fix the UP feature run the window all the way up and hold the button for a good three seconds longer. To fix the DOWN, hold the button a like amount of time after the window hits the bottom of it's run.

It's in the owners manual but to fix the UP feature run the window all the way up and hold the button for a good three seconds longer. To fix the DOWN, hold the button a like amount of time after the window hits the bottom of it's run.

Make sure you have top up when you do this. It needs to hit the resistance of the top when window is up to know where the stopping point is supposed to be.

I just changed my battery. Now my windows are not going up and down right. Any ideas how to fix this issue. Could it be a program issue? Thanks
Follow window short drop procedure. Move each window all the way down then all the way to top and then hold up switch for 2 seconds.
It is called reprogramming the window short drop. May need to be done when going from hardtop to soft top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back