Burned out light - heated passenger seat | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Burned out light - heated passenger seat

• Thread starter Thread starter Sterling
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S
Reaction score
This weekend, the illumination of my heated passenger seat button flickered then died on my 04. The heating element still works, as does the light indicating the seat is on, but not the illumination of the hi/lo images. Anyone else have this problem?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Mine did the same

Both of my heated seat switches lost their backlight.

The first happened while the car was still under warranty.
The second was after warranty.

For the second, I bought a replacement switch and installed it myself.

The light is built into the switch, so the whole switch must be replaced to fix it.

It is not hard to get to. The center console just snaps into place. Use your fingertips to pull up on it and remove it.

After that is out, the small panel that holds the heated switches can be pulled out. It justs pops in as well. The rest is obvious.

Thanks for the info! I suspected the console popped out, as I have a decent sized gap in mine above that piece, but great to have it confirmed.

I had this problem on my 2005. The Dealer told me the cost and tried to discourage me from having it repaired. The switch cost $83.85 and the labor was $44.00. I had the switch replaced. About 2 or 3 weeks later, the light went out in the other switch. That was about 4 months ago. I haven't been in a hurry to get this one fixed.

BobH:

Yeah that labor always kind of hurts. If you can, definitely replace the switch yourself. I know I'm always an advocate of working on cars yourself, but after working on my LT1 engine as a newbie (never worked on one before, mind you), I think anyone can learn. Good luck with it. Good thing it's a cheap fix and there are knowledgeable people on the forum! 🙂

Heated Seat Indicator

Today I got in my car for the first time in a month and my wife turned on the heated seat on the passenger side. The indicator light did not light but the seat heated up.. I tried mine and it was also out. Later in the ride she tried the heated seat again and it worked. I think there must be a loose connection since I pulled everything out back in early Janauary (console, seat switch, power outlets and complete radio assembly) to hardwire my sat radio. This should be easy to check out. Just pop off the console and pull out the switch assembly. The funny part about it is I drove the car during the cold weather a few times and I can't remember the indicator lights being out.

Will let everyone know whatr I find.

Ticket Ted
2003 Premium with 28,000 miles
Whisper White
Black/Red interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back