Big Brown Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

received #4 today - but with a twist! no scale model. instead received an approx 4" square chrome picture frame with circular glass area (kind of like porthole) with a picture of a black tbird with 7 spoke chrome wheels and no chrome bezel. have seen this picture before somewhere, kind of head on with futuristic background. maybe it's because they don't have neiman models? but why not a neiman photo? anyone else receive this package? any other neiman owners receive #4? actually like the book. wish I had the advice and disguise when I got the car. would have helped during the last 8 months.

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

Just got mailing #4...white book and blue diecast model.

Still waiting for #5...balck journal and engraved dash plaque.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

Same here...#4 arrived today...and the 1/24th scale should be full scale for me next week!
biggrin.gif

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; VIN 19355

Don't know about the Big Brown Truck, but the Pony Express dropped off a black box marked 'Fragile'. They were headed for TX with a black box in one saddlebag and a car in the other! Which will arrive first, Dot, the scale model or the car??? We're on pins and needles!

Originally posted by rlstonejr:
received #4 today - but with a twist! no scale model. instead received an approx 4" square chrome picture frame with circular glass area (kind of like porthole) with a picture of a black tbird with 7 spoke chrome wheels and no chrome bezel.
sorry you missed out on the model, even a black model would have worked since the models are topless. Since yours is different than the rest, would it be possible for you to get a photo to me of your set #4 for my memorabilia pages?

Originally posted by Kristi:
Don't know about the Big Brown Truck, but the Pony Express dropped off a black box marked 'Fragile'. They were headed for TX with a black box in one saddlebag and a car in the other! Which will arrive first, Dot, the scale model or the car??? We're on pins and needles!

the real thing arrived first. more later. Dot

Dot- I will get a photo to you somehow. do you want just the picture and frame? does it have to be digital?

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

Package #4 arrived today. White book and yellow convertible with all black interior. Still awaiting #5 although had the car since 11/01/01.

------------------
Yellow premium, full accent 4127

Originally posted by rlstonejr:
received #4 today - but with a twist! no scale model. instead received an approx 4" square chrome picture frame with circular glass area (kind of like porthole) with a picture of a black tbird with 7 spoke chrome wheels and no chrome bezel. have seen this picture before somewhere, kind of head on with futuristic background. maybe it's because they don't have neiman models? but why not a neiman photo? anyone else receive this package? any other neiman owners receive #4? actually like the book. wish I had the advice and disguise when I got the car. would have helped during the last 8 months.

I received the same frame. Kind of disappointing. I do have the larger NM model though, I'm not sure on the scale. But it has full detail. Only thing not accurate is the wheels are "chrome" 24 spoke, not 21 spoke.

Number 4 showed today.

Mother said it had a blue T-Bird. I was
expecting a yellow thinking they may not
have gotten notice of our color change.

All left now is the journal ????

the BBT pulled up today and deposited our #4. It's the blue one of course. Little bit different than the one that comes with the hardtop that size. The tonneau/boot cover is shiny black instead of flat black as on the others. someday, I'll get some paint and paint the seats, dash & doors.

The BBT arrived Friday morning at JWBIRD's nest with #4. The book is very clever but I was sorry to see that the red model was deluxe wheeled not premium.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

It is nice to hear that FoMoCo is sending out gifts to T-Bird owners. That is a throwback to the old days. When my father bought his new 1960 he got a model in his color which I now have in a glass box on a shelf and a nameplate with his name engraved on it. They use to do that when you bought a Lincoln too.

BBT dropped off mailing #4 about an hour ago.Still waiting for #5 which should have been delivered a while back according to he posts here since my delivery was 10-01-01.

------------------
Wyndham Smith
Houston, Texas
57 Bronze ; 2002 White
5 Thunderbird Juniors

Interestingly enough, one of my customers bought his first Ford pickup a couple of years ago...had always driven chevrolets. About 6 weeks after taking delivery of his F-150, he received in the mail a model of his truck, courtesy of Ford.

Jawill,

None of the manufacturers of scale model T-birds have come out with a premium wheel in any of the available scales: 1:87th (keychain), 1:64th (diecast), 1:43rd (diecast - realistic and Little Muscle), 1:25th (diecast - prebuilt and kit), 1:24th (diecast - prebuilt and kit; plastic - prebuilt with lights, horn and engine sound and kit by Revell), 1:18th (diecast), 1:16th (radio control- plastic), 1:6th (Barbie-plastic). All of these scale models come with the concept 24 spoke deluxe wheels except the Little Muscle which has the 21 spoke premium from the production car (probably just luck as the car is cartoonish in nature). I have personally put in a request to Miasto, maker of the 1:43, 1:25 and 1:18, to consider molding a premium wheel through a diecast site I visit.

Dot - I haven't received the scale model yet, but I read where someone said it is 1:24th scale. If that is the case, then it must be the one molded by Redbox (Testors if bought in the kit form) given that scale and your description of a flat black tonneau cover - the Miasto is 1:25th scale and has the shiny tonneau cover. If it is infact 1:43rd scale there are two manufacturers of these also - Miasto and Road Signatures (Yat Ming). The Miasto is the decidedly nicer of those two.

Heelbird - NONE of Ford's "gift" programs seem to make any sense or have any rhyme or reason to them. Seems to be very dealer specific. Heck, my dealer sent me a box of Macadamia nut and white chocolate chip cookies from a company out of California with the dealer's logo on it about a month after I got the car (thought sure it was the first installment of the Thunderbird Collection at the time). I would have much rather have had a diecast model, but the cookies were good, too.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back