Automatic Window Drop Problem | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Automatic Window Drop Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter HorsePowerJunkie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HorsePowerJunkie

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
When the hardtop is on and the windows are up...

When you lift the door handle the window comes down slightly to clear the hardtop window moulding. Mine is not coming down timely, causing the window to drag in the hardtop window moulding.

The window does come down, just not in time to keep it from dragging. The driver's side works fine, the passenger side is slow to react causing it to drag.

Anyone else experinece this problem?

If so, what was done to correct the problem?

Many thanks,

HPJ

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

HorsePowerJunkie said:
When the hardtop is on and the windows are up...

When you lift the door handle the window comes down slightly to clear the hardtop window moulding. Mine is not coming down timely, causing the window to drag in the hardtop window moulding.

The window does come down, just not in time to keep it from dragging. The driver's side works fine, the passenger side is slow to react causing it to drag.

Anyone else experinece this problem?

If so, what was done to correct the problem?

Many thanks,

HPJ

I never heard of anyone having a drop speed difference... mine are both too slow. You might ask the dealer about this because. Press the switch to lower the window and continue holding it down for about three seconds after it hits bottom. This sets the "drop" to set the rise just reverse the procedure.. run the window all the way up and continue holding it for about three seconds. You might ask the dealer about this, and report back, as I would love it if there were a way to speed up the "drop".

window drop

I am experiencing the same problem on my 2002 Thunderbird. The dealer keeps telling me that it is dropping properly but I have to pull the door handle, wait a minute for it to drop and THEN open the door; I do that, but other people who are not aware of it do not. If you find a solution, please let me know. Henri

Henri said:
I am experiencing the same problem on my 2002 Thunderbird. The dealer keeps telling me that it is dropping properly but I have to pull the door handle, wait a minute for it to drop and THEN open the door; I do that, but other people who are not aware of it do not. If you find a solution, please let me know. Henri

You don't really mean a "minute"... It is a little slow, and takes maybe a full second to react to the handle being pulled, which is too slow to keep the top of the window from "poping"... when someone is going to get in my car while I'm in it (picking up chicks <grin>) I lower their window a tad before they pull the handle....

I just began to have the problem with the passenger door. t doesn't drop any more to clear the gasket. I now have to drop it a bit manually before opening and closing as well as returning it to the closed position. The normal control works fine. The short drop was working properly until a week ago. 2002 T'Bird

It simply means your switch is very slightly out of adjustment, and you window motor is a little
slower than when new.

I just began to have the problem with the passenger door. t doesn't drop any more to clear the gasket. I now have to drop it a bit manually before opening and closing as well as returning it to the closed position. The normal control works fine. The short drop was working properly until a week ago. 2002 T'Bird
Have you tried the procedure outlined in the second post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back