1962 front door window loose

J

jensajohnsson

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Front door window bottom bracket (CHANNEL ASSY, DOOR GLASS, LOWER )
came loose and window get misaligned or stuck when lifted or lowered,
how to make the bracket to attach to the glass again, is it possible to use glue.
my widows moved very slow and I used silicon spray on the micro hair /filt channels and the problem with slow windows turned even worse,
is it possible to change the micro hair/ filt channels ?

Last edited:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Front door window bottom bracket (CHANNEL ASSY, DOOR GLASS, LOWER )
came loose and window get misaligned or stuck when lifted or lowered,
how to make the bracket to attach to the glass again, is it possible to use glue.
my widows moved very slow and I used silicon spray on the micro hair /filt channels and the problem with slow windows turned even worse,
is it possible to change the micro hair/ filt channels ?
Sounds like you have a deeper problem than sticky whiskers. The lift mechanism needs to be refurbished. Did it on my '57 and work perfectly. Can't help you with your model year though on how to do it.

For reattaching the glass to the channel 3 M has a channel bonding adhesive for just that purpose. If you will Google it you should be able to find it.

Sounds like you have a deeper problem than sticky whiskers. The lift mechanism needs to be refurbished. Did it on my '57 and work perfectly. Can't help you with your model year though on how to do it.
Hi, thanks for your reply,
I have refurbished the mechanism and lubricated all, it workes smooth, on the right side the issues turned extremely worse after I sprayed silicon lubricant in the filt channel

Back