Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen- Android Auto- Bluetooth

Last edited by a moderator:
I have ordered the ANKEWAY 2021 new 7" gps radio from Amazon. Anybody using one? any problems or suggestions as nothing from Kenwood, Alpine etc is available from anywhere (well almost, I found a site in TN that has a Kenwood with a $1,000 over msrp mark up), chip shortage supply problem. Site says they have the steering wheel kits but does not specify how to obtain one? Includes camera.

BlueBird is getting a new black top next week to replace the tan one.

I have ordered the ANKEWAY 2021 new 7" gps radio from Amazon. Anybody using one? any problems or suggestions as nothing from Kenwood, Alpine etc is available from anywhere (well almost, I found a site in TN that has a Kenwood with a $1,000 over msrp mark up), chip shortage supply problem. Site says they have the steering wheel kits but does not specify how to obtain one? Includes camera.

BlueBird is getting a new black top next week to replace the tan one.

Both Amazon & Ebay have sellers with the Alpine-

Amazon Purchase link- https://amzn.to/3hYiYmU

Ebay purchase link- https://www.ebay.com/sch/?kw=Alpine+ILX-W650&campid=5338236430

just replaced my radio with a Jensen car710w wireless head unit. There was nothing wrong with the old one, but my wife wanted a modern radio with Bluetooth, hands free calling, xm satellite radio, navigation and all the extras that the new ones have. Took me a while to figure it out, but with the help from Crutchfield who I purchased it from I installed it. I kept the old one so I can put it back if needed. Oh, by the way it doesn't interfere with the alarm system.

20210816_124446.jpg20210816_124512.jpg

just replaced my radio with a Jensen car710w wireless head unit. There was nothing wrong with the old one, but my wife wanted a modern radio with Bluetooth, hands free calling, xm satellite radio, navigation and all the extras that the new ones have. Took me a while to figure it out, but with the help from Crutchfield who I purchased it from I installed it. I kept the old one so I can put it back if needed. Oh, by the way it doesn't interfere with the alarm system.
Hi. How much did it cost?

Here is my gap - its pretty nice and I don't know what's different about this setup...
BTW - I have that same roll-around red work table that is peeking through in your pictures - very handy!
View attachment 11738
Where did you get the cigarette lighter usb replacement

Hi. How much did it cost?
With all the extra things I had to get like xm radio and the steering wheel control plus having crutchfield prewire for the harness. It came up to 530.00.

Does the cover over the radio portion of the dash just pry off, or do I have to take off the cover off of everything on the dash? Thanks.

I'm installing a standard (not a touchscreen) Kenwood DPX504BT in my 2003 Bird. I'm using a Metra 70-5519 harness. I had no problems with the main harness for speaker connections, etc. However, I've searched everywhere and can't find a wiring diagram for the smaller harness for the amplifier. I understand how to connect the RCA plugs, but what do I connect the other wires to? There are two black/white wires and one blue/white. I would assume they are power, but don't want to mess anything up. All I know is that without that amp (or subwoofer?), my new radio sounds terrible. (I'm totally lost on the steering wheel control adapter, but that's for another day.) TIA for any guidance.

I'm installing a standard (not a touchscreen) Kenwood DPX504BT in my 2003 Bird. I'm using a Metra 70-5519 harness. I had no problems with the main harness for speaker connections, etc. However, I've searched everywhere and can't find a wiring diagram for the smaller harness for the amplifier. I understand how to connect the RCA plugs, but what do I connect the other wires to? There are two black/white wires and one blue/white. I would assume they are power, but don't want to mess anything up. All I know is that without that amp (or subwoofer?), my new radio sounds terrible. (I'm totally lost on the steering wheel control adapter, but that's for another day.) TIA for any guidance.
Follow-up: I did discover that the blue/white wire can connect to the antenna wire (usually orange) to switch on the subwoofer. The black/white wires go to ground. Sounds so great! The only issue is that the subwoofer amp pops when I turn the car on. I'm not sure what to do about that.

Touch screen radio replacement. I am ready to update my radio to a touch screen with blue-tooth, android auto and a backup camera. For the retro owners who have done this. Do you have trouble seeg the screen with the convertible top down? What is the best radio to go to?

Touch screen radio replacement. I am ready to update my radio to a touch screen with blue-tooth, android auto and a backup camera. For the retro owners who have done this. Do you have trouble seeg the screen with the convertible top down? What is the best radio to go to?
I went with a Jensen car710w. The w stands for wireless. It has everything you could want at a reasonable price. The screen will be a little bit hard to see when you have the top down, but not bad.

just took delivery of my 2004 and would like recommedations for bluetooth stereo?

Most states have laws about obstructions on license plates. Search google to confirm. Here's one for Texas- https://www.houstontx.gov/police/nr/2006/aug/nr083106-2.htm

I figured they didn't mess with it until my best friend got pulled over for having a plastic collegiate frame on his tag. Guess it just depends on which cop is behind you and of they want an excuse to make contact with you.
View attachment 4819
cant have plate frames in mass. either and they want you to have the front plate too or ya can get a citation

Back