Air conditioner blow hot air | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

Air conditioner blow hot air

• Thread starter Thread starter laochen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L
Reaction score
Thanks for this wonderful forum. I have a 2002 with 35K miles. When the air conditioner is on, it blows hot air. Any advice?

Thanks so much

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Laochen:
There have been a few reports just like yours. I'll post the results of three of them:

#1 "Problem fixed, covered under extended warranty. The problem was the heater control valve. Known as CC42 ( CC is probably coolant control) was replaced. Than they cleaned and recharged the system. Today I have A/C and heat as needed".

#2 had wire issues. He said:
"The had engineers with Ford had to trace every single wire that was in any way connected to the ac and all its components. He found a wire at the end of the last line he looked at that had shorted out. Fixed that and the ac works fine now."

#3 and finally
"They ran all the dianogstics and the sysem checked out OK. The mechanic said that he "burped" the coolant system and added about 1/2 gallon of coolant. Appears that an air bubble in the system was causing the engine to heat up at stops and the computer was shutting down the AC. Because of the way the T-bird temp gage works, I never had any indicators that the engine was heating up. Have driven it for a couple days now and the AC is working fine."

Not sure if you are still under warranty....Hopefully you are.

Note: I have a 2002 and had the extended warranty which has recently expired. However, Ford currently is offering a used car warranty to owners now.
My dealer offered it so I shopped around to other dealers from MA to IL and found one for $500 less - Exact same warranty.

Thanks!

Thanks for the great info. I don't have a warranty at this time but I think I'll shop around.

Thanks for the advice

If you are going to shop around, I doubt you can beat the price I got, which was $1295. PremiumCare500. This is a Ford used car warranty I found from a Ford dealer in Ill. and I'm in MA. I gotit and it's 48 months and 48,000 miles on top of what I have on my car today.
If you get the extended warranty, your A/C problem would be covered when you want to get it fixed.
If you want any info, PM me your email address

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back