2005 p0193 p2196 and p2198 codes

S
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have an 05 tbird getting p0193 p2196 and p2198 codes. Car was sitting for 3 years
Replaced fuel pump, filter, both cam sensor, crank sensor, fuel pressure sensor, injectors, coils, throttle body, alk 4 o2 sensors
knock sensors, maf sensor
Car starts runs will hiccup on first acceleration.
Starts rich, have checked for vacuum leaks did not find any. No fuel leaks. Any help appreciated

I would guess you checked all vacuum lines for cracks ( may cause hiccups) and installed a new air filter. Sometimes the simplest things cause the biggest problems. Let us know when you figure it out.

I would guess you checked all vacuum lines for cracks ( may cause hiccups) and installed a new air filter. Sometimes the simplest things cause the biggest problems. Let us know when you figure it out.
The last several years I have used black cloth electrical tape, neatly trimmed of course, around all vacum line connections on my 2003; no leaks or codes now for at least 3 or 4 years; simplistic, but who knows. Good luck. Ron, Tequesta

Yes checked all vac lines no cracks. Also did change the air filter. Also took it out to see if any change. Also sprayed starter fluid over the injectors and intake as well as vacuum lines. No change in idle. Possible ecm?

Yes checked all vac lines no cracks. Also did change the air filter. Also took it out to see if any change. Also sprayed starter fluid over the injectors and intake as well as vacuum lines. No change in idle. Possible ecm?

Not sure if you're still having issues with your T-Bird, but if you are, did you follow the procedure for the computer to relearn the idle trim after doing the work? If you didn't, it might be worth the few minutes to disconnect the battery, reconnect it, and follow the idle relearn procedure in the owner's manual. My car idled and drove terribly until after I did this.

Copied from the 2004 owner's manual:
Because your vehicle’s engine is electronically controlled by a computer,
some control conditions are maintained by power from the battery. When
the battery is disconnected or a new battery is installed, the engine must
relearn its idle and fuel trim strategy for optimum driveability and
performance. To begin this process:
1. With the vehicle at a complete stop, set the parking brake.
2. Put the gearshift in P (Park), turn off all accessories and start the
engine.
3. Run the engine until it reaches normal operating temperature.
4. Allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.
5. Turn the A/C on and allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.
6. Drive the vehicle to complete the relearning process.
• The vehicle may need to be driven to relearn the idle and fuel trim
strategy.
• If you do not allow the engine to relearn its idle trim, the idle
quality of your vehicle may be adversely affected until the idle
trim is eventually relearned.
When the battery is disconnected or a new battery installed, the
transmission must relearn its adaptive strategy. As a result of this, the
transmission may shift firmly. This operation is considered normal and
will not affect function or durability of the transmission. Over time the
adaptive learning process will fully update transmission operation to its
optimum shift feel.

Back