2005 headlight clip stuck

I updated your title from "2005 headlight clip" to "2005 headlight clip stuck". Good titles get more responses. Have you tried PB Blaster spray, it works miracles!

Mike

Yes some penetrating solvent and if its the one with the tab get some channel locks and get a good grip on it and put some "hind end" behind it and it should snatch free. About 45 seconds into this video:

Yes some penetrating solvent and if its the one with the tab get some channel locks and get a good grip on it and put some "hind end" behind it and it should snatch free. About 45 seconds into this video:
Yes the above helps, but at the same time put a flat hand on the headlight and push in hard on the headlight at the same time
your are trying to remove the clip.

The long spring clip on back of the right headlight is stuck… really stuck it seems. Any ideas out there?

Jack
If you are only replacing headlight bulb it is not neccessary to remove clips or headlight assembly. Clips in my 2002 will not come out even with a pry bar but I did not need to remove them to replace bulb. Just unscrew bulb retainer and slide bulb out.

The long spring clip on back of the right headlight is stuck… really stuck it seems. Any ideas out there?

Jack
You have to be mean with it. I changed both headlight assemblies and discovered that someone down the line removed both clips on the passenger side. I ordered new clips from Ford (comes as a complete set for both sides) and was told there were very few left. I was able to get everything done.

All’s good! PB Blaster yesterday, went out today with a pair of vice grips and put some “Hind end” into it and almost landed there it blew out so unexpectedly fast. New led’s all the way around now, marvelous.

Thanks for the advice gang!

Back