2004 Thunderbird....A.C. heat issues

R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a datc that has no fine tuning of the temperature, it's either full hot or full cold. Self test of the system results in a B2426, B1265, and B2796

I have a datc that has no fine tuning of the temperature, it's either full hot or full cold. Self test of the system results in a B2426, B1265, and B2796

My 04 will not regulate - all over the range - hot/cool. With AC off, just trying to stay warm. Will be interested in responses.

Have the same issue , we replaced the heater control valve seemed ok for 3 months then back to blowing extreme Hot or Cold no real control . A Ford Tech discovered my battery voltage had dropped below 10 volts causing some u codes B2497 cleared and retested back in command another case for a battery tender Hope this solves your problem

Thanks, PCR, my batt stays fully charged. Must be in the controls, somewhere! So much electronics. :(

With climate control system set on "auto" and temp set @ 72, my '04 has started sending HOT air through the two vents that sit beside each other in center of dash. The vents on each end of the dash are sending normal temp air. This forced me to close off the two center vents until I can fix this. Would appreciate suggestions on cause, a fix, etc.

Interesting - I did not think to check various vents, settings, etc. Will use my temp gun. Thx for posting. Cheers

With climate control system set on "auto" and temp set @ 72, my '04 has started sending HOT air through the two vents that sit beside each other in center of dash. The vents on each end of the dash are sending normal temp air. This forced me to close off the two center vents until I can fix this. Would appreciate suggestions on cause, a fix, etc.
As it turned out, cause of my "hot air" problem was faulty "coolant valve" near the radiator, as others have posted in other threads. Replacing that valve solved my problem. Love this forum!

2004 - fan only runs half speed on heat, full speed on ac. Ideas?

Back