2004 Thermostat will not open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gus, my real problems started after putting some two part "stop leak" in the system. All spring and summer I was smelling antifreeze and having to put in a 16 oz glass of water in coolant tank. I could still drive car with no problem. Come September I started to think about winter coming on and not wanting to keep adding new antifreeze once a week, so I decided to try the stop leak. Soon after adding stop leak the electric fans started coming on and started to overheat. Great - stop leaked clogged something up it wasn't suppose to, so I flushed the radiator and system - now it is leaking like a sieve, heat not working, etc...……

Wish you could reset vehicle like you can a computer - I would just reset to August and go back to only having to add coolant once a week.

Now Christmas is here and then Jan. and Feb - no rush to get it going. Now my goal is to get it fixed by opening day of baseball season.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Good Luck Elsie. This is what my shop manual shows for the cooling system on my 02.
system_cooling.gif

Item Part Number Description
1 — Coolant control valve (This is the part that went bad on my car)
2 8260 Upper radiator hose
3 8A520 Coolant outlet tube
4 18472 Heater inlet hoses (2 req'd)
5 18472 Heater outlet hose
6 18476 Heater core
7 6049 Cylinder head RH
8 — Cylinder head gasket (2 req'd)
9 6050 Cylinder head LH
10 — Throttle body adapter
11 — Engine vent hose
12 — Degas bottle
13 — Relief valve