2004 t bird radio no power | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2004 t bird radio no power

• Thread starter Thread starter billybob1031
  • Start date Start date
B

billybob1031

Click here to upgrade
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
2004 T- Bird radio has no power, I checked the 10 & 20 amp under hood & 5 amp in trunk all good. Does fuse panel under passerger side have fuses ?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

"2004 tbird radio" does not summarize your post. Will edit for you.
modelyear.jpg

I'm on my second 04 bird. My first one the radio went out a couple of months after I bought it. I looked into replacing it with an OE unit but adding on the SAT option. But being in a more modern age I opt to update and upgrade and was really happy with what a got, Except on the first one the glare was a buzz kill! On my new bird I got a different brand and am well pleased with it. It is a Kenwood Excelon DMX906S. For maps it uses Apple Play or Android Play. It also has SAT

I looked at the alpine but went with the Kentwood after speaking with the guys at Crutchfield. I didn't want to carry around a bunch of CD's and being with a phone with a GPS/MAP app I opt for what I got.

One other thing. As for my Rearview Camera I had the installer install a permanent one next to the license plate light. I don't like the license Frame type. Mine looks more of and OEM factory install. The look on the radio is a smidge of center but not really the noticeable unless you look for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Replaced radio/CD- with a Pioneer AVH600EX- It has all the bells & whistles including SAT...Antenna on dash up against the window & reception on ALL freq. AM/FM/SAT is exceptional. Rear camera has paid off many times>...Unit was install by local> H&R Radio Feasterville, A little pricey but well worth the investment.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Aman to a rear view camera. This is what Ford should have put in in the first place. In 2002 thru 2005 other car makers were putting in Double Dinn Radio's in their car's to include Ford. We all have to admit it that the interior of a retro bird is lacking something. From the radio to the Headlight Switch that originally came out of a Ford pickup truck. And even with not a lot of things to add to bling her insides up as in a Mustang. Oh, or replacement parts like a Mustang. But I still love my Bird.

Many systems (eg the KENWOOD) will require a polarity reversing relay for the rear camera so it fires up when the input voltage goes low. Opposite how most work. You also have to follow the factory rear harness bundle to get the wiring to the radio. Otherwise things can get hung up in the power top mechanism — not good!

Back