2004 PCR 33K miles, humming sound

Pcrpete

Pcrpete

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey gang, my PCR has been running well. Have been through the coil changes, AC compressor, brakes, etc, but all in all the car has been fine. I have noticed recently that I hear what I can only describe as a loud hum, when in motion. At first I thought it may have been tire noise (put on Cooper Zeon RS-3's, but they ran quietly when new). Before I get my mechanic to take a ride with me, wondering if anyone else has experienced this
Thanks for ny insight!

Since this only occurs when in motion could it be something loose or vibrating
Certainly possible, but it doesn't really have that something's loose sound or feel...

Hey gang, my PCR has been running well. Have been through the coil changes, AC compressor, brakes, etc, but all in all the car has been fine. I have noticed recently that I hear what I can only describe as a loud hum, when in motion. At first I thought it may have been tire noise (put on Cooper Zeon RS-3's, but they ran quietly when new). Before I get my mechanic to take a ride with me, wondering if anyone else has experienced this
Thanks for ny insight!

Have you or had the cabin filter changed? If so it is possible not to get the rubber molding at the lower edge of the windshield seated correctly & it will kind of flutter in the breeze while driving & you can hear it.

Have you or had the cabin filter changed? If so it is possible not to get the rubber molding at the lower edge of the windshield seated correctly & it will kind of flutter in the breeze while driving & you can hear it.
It's been a while, I will definitely check that out
Thanks!

Does it change with the road speed? How about a wheel bearing? Or bearing in the rear end? Rough bearing rollers and races, often caused by some water infiltration and light rusting, can make a growling sound. Another possibility is a drive shaft ujoint.

Does it change with the road speed? How about a wheel bearing? Or bearing in the rear end? Rough bearing rollers and races, often caused by some water infiltration and light rusting, can make a growling sound. Another possibility is a drive shaft ujoint.
I've had a feeling could be one of those, was hoping not, but I'll get those checked, hoping maybe just some water infiltration...
I'll keep you guys posted
Thanks again for your suggestions!

another vehicle of ours acquired a humming sound as well we thought bearings ect... turns out it WAS the tire which had been quiet before. I would try rotating and see if sound changes. if nothing at least it cost nothing to test. If sound is there but different is worth looking into further

OK, sorry this took so long, but yes, it was wheel bearings. Replaced and all is good agaio
Thanks!

Back