2004 Pacific Coast Buyer Lurking in Portland Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, I'd love your feedback ... I've been watching the forum for a couple of weeks. I owned a colonial white 1957 for years, and loved the look of the car but never enjoyed the lack of comfort and modernity. So, the 2004 Pacific Coast edition is one we've decided to look closely at ... but I have some real misgivings. There are many posts in this forum about failed / failing COP, ECM, instrument clusters, throttle bodies, bad wheels that leak, batteries that won't hold a charge, etc. This is all real, scary, and expensive ... and surface many questions ... Do you feel that these problems are fairly universal, or just isolated occurrences? Were they more prevalent in 2002 and 2003 or across all years as FORD did / or didn't get their act together on this model? In looking at purchase options, what's the best way to proceed? ONLY look at one-owner dealer-serviced cars where all maintenance records are available? I've owned a couple of Lexus vehicles (about the same years and NEW car cost price as these TBirds and they are nearly flawless. Whats the deal with all of these failure issues ... and what is the best way to deal with finding cars that won't have these expensive occurrences. Happy to hear back from any of you, or to receive a private email from you. Love to discuss ... Thanks, RVPilot, Portland, Oregon

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have owned a 2002 since October of 2001 and a 2003 since 2004 andthe only problem I've ever had was the fuel pump on the 2002. I believe the reason for that is I always store the cars for 5 months every year. The problem occurred in the spring when I went to restart it. The car setting for that length of time caused the valve in the fuel pump to seize. I was able to free it up three times but finally replaced the fuel pump and no problem since. That is the only problem. I know quit a few people who own 2002 to 2005 and no one ever reported having any major problems. I would watch e bay and Craig's list and go from there. Good luck.

I have owned a 2002 since October of 2001 and a 2003 since 2004 andthe only problem I've ever had was the fuel pump on the 2002. I believe the reason for that is I always store the cars for 5 months every year. The problem occurred in the spring when I went to restart it. The car setting for that length of time caused the valve in the fuel pump to seize. I was able to free it up three times but finally replaced the fuel pump and no problem since. That is the only problem. I know quit a few people who own 2002 to 2005 and no one ever reported having any major problems. I would watch e bay and Craig's list and go from there. Good luck.
THANKS Al ... good to hear you and others have had trouble free experiences! Regards, Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back