2003 thunderbird intake manifold

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Vacuum leaks often result in a check engine light and stored trouble codes in the Engine Control Unit. Because the air flow meter is reading one value, and the vacuum leak will cause the air/fuel mixture to get leaner, you often get trouble codes about a lean mixture or misfire trouble codes. Symptoms of a vacuum leak include rough idle, stalling and a possible hissing sound coming from the engine bay. The engine may run well at higher RPMs, but surges, runs rough and struggles to maintain stable RPMs at idle. Are you experiencing any of these symptoms? Is there a coolant leak?

Bought one of these and downloaded the torque app for Android into my phone. Works great and cheap. Checked codes in my T-bird then checked my neighbor's F-150. Both had misfire issues. Mine was COPs, his did not get fixed with COPs so we replaced plugs after that and fixed it. My bad, I should have told him to buy the plugs in the first place. His F-150 has an Ecoboost with 90k+ miles.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PS1SWHM/?tag=thunderbirdforum-20

Vacuum leaks often result in a check engine light and stored trouble codes in the Engine Control Unit. Because the air flow meter is reading one value, and the vacuum leak will cause the air/fuel mixture to get leaner, you often get trouble codes about a lean mixture or misfire trouble codes. Symptoms of a vacuum leak include rough idle, stalling and a possible hissing sound coming from the engine bay. The engine may run well at higher RPMs, but surges, runs rough and struggles to maintain stable RPMs at idle. Are you experiencing any of these symptoms? Is there a coolant leak?
Thank! I am currently not any problems but the check engine light coming on. Had a new oxygen sensor installEd, and exactly one month later it came on again. The dealer notes say it is lean on cold starts.

Has anyone had issues with the check engine light coming on, and was told the intake manifold needs to be replace and Ford no longer makes the parts. If so what have you done?

Thank,
1 - cheapest, buy a used one.
2 - likely go to a jag dealer
3 - have it repaired ?glue? welding? both off the car.
Remember you can buy a whole replacement used engine on line for about $750.

Mine does this too. The code it throws is: P0175 and sometimes I get (I think) P0178. It didn't do it until one day after I installed the K&N system I let it idle a little too long. Since then It pops up now and then. No noticeable symptoms what-so-ever. I've been tempted to go back to stock, but, nah...

Mine does this too. The code it throws is: P0175 and sometimes I get (I think) P0178. It didn't do it until one day after I installed the K&N system I let it idle a little too long. Since then It pops up now and then. No noticeable symptoms what-so-ever. I've been tempted to go back to stock, but, nah...
Thanks Tom: my code is a PO133. What is the K&n system. I am not familiar with that system. Does your check engine light come on?

I took it to another dealer and right now it seems to be ok, but I need to give it a little more time. The new dealership said i had two oxygen sensors bad, and they were not switching back and forth properly. They never mentioned any thing about the intake manifold. I sure am hoping it is fixed.

Back