2003 Seat Trim Separation

D
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Anyone have suggestions on how to repair/re-attach the stubborn seat trim that separates from the bottom of the drivers seat? Long or short term fix recommendations welcome. Preferably without having to remove the seat!Screenshot 2024-06-17 153855.png

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'm betting three are some broken clips allowing the trim to be loose, or, maybe the clips aren't seated.
You could try a smack or two with your palm but I'm betting you won't be that lucky.

I had same issue and after seeing the cost of new replacement (Seach on seat surround, left or right), tried plastic weld the parts - there are long tabs that connect the surround to seat frame. This worked for a while but then broke again. My options, suck it up and pay the price or try plastic weld again and maybe reinforce the tabs.

Thunderbird Bob may have a part at a reasonable cost.

I had same issue and after seeing the cost of new replacement (Seach on seat surround, left or right), tried plastic weld the parts - there are long tabs that connect the surround to seat frame. This worked for a while but then broke again. My options, suck it up and pay the price or try plastic weld again and maybe reinforce the tabs.

Thunderbird Bob may have a part at a reasonable cost.
you HAVE to remove the seat, hidden screw in the center, from the bottom up ....and two hidden push-in clips...a real pain to get out.....I just did mine..

Last edited:
Back