2003 prices | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2003 prices

• Thread starter Thread starter Birthday Bird
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Birthday Bird

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
Anyone willing to share what they are getting off sticker on their new Bird's. I was in a local dealership Saturday and what did I see marked on the windshield of an 03...."We're dealing, make us an offer". The same dealership sold a dozen last year at $5000-$10,000 each over sticker.
I also see that Edmunds now indicates that you can purchase below MSRP were previously they were showing roughly $2500 over.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Paid $38,500 here on 2003 sticker of $41,165. Even better, at another local dealer was "any 2003 on the lot for $38,000," but they didn't have the color combo I wanted (Whisper White / Whisper White Premium). Stickers at this dealership went as high as just over $42K. That's more than $4,000 off of a 2003! Obviously, 02's are even more deeply discounted ($5,400 off advertised in paper).

Originally posted by whvt01:
Amazing what has happened in just a few
short months. They are just sitting
on lots now with please buy me written
all over the windshield.

Just as I predicted! The PT Cruiser, Beetle, etc are all readily available now too.

Excellent 2003 Price

I just purchased a 2003 Premium T-Bird (Torch Red/Torch Red) for $4,200 below sticker $41,650. I don't know if this was unusual for this dealer. I was wearing my United States Marine Corps pin and I believe that they gave me a better deal because I was a former Marine. I did mention that the company I worked for had the X-plan and that I could produce a pin number if needed. I certainly got below the X-plan price. Hope this helps!

03 Prices

Okay...I ordered our T-Bird a few weeks back and it should arrive mid April. The dealership said that they were looking for $1500 over invoice which, according to Edmunds, is about $1700 off sticker. There isn't a dealer in my area that I know of that has sold any 03 models so I assume I should be able to get a better deal. Anyone else out there willing to share what they have paid.

Birthday Bird,

Mine has not arrived either as of this post, although I hope it should be in the next couple of days.

Not sure where I read about this idea before, but I thought it was a good one, watch ebay and note the dealers in your reasonable area and track what the cars are closing at when the auction ends.

It does mean doing some tracking and noting numbers, but it does provide for some basic info that can be used to negotiate a better price. It's worked for me in piecing together a plan to open talks with my dealer when the car does finaly comes in.

Paid $37,812 in KY off the internet at a dealer in Lexington (100 miles away) had my choice of two..black or mountain grey. Got the black one. They had a red 2002 on the showroom on "Special" for $38, 400....go figure

Blackbirds
2003 black/black partial torch red
1956 black/black

Blackbirds.....Thank you for the information. Our car is scheduled to be delivered in roughly one week. This information will help! Do you mind giving me the MSRP of you car. That will help to establish what they are discounting and was yours with or without a hardtop? Again, thanks for the reply and info.

P.S. Your two cars must look stunning setting side by side.

Birthday Bird

2003 Tbird Prices

I saw an ad in the Sunday (4/6/03) L.A. Times advertising a 2003 premium for $9,000 below MSRP at Board Ford in Whittier, CA. Phone is 562-947-3821. I called the dealer and he said it was red. That is a good buy if you want a new Tbird.

How can any dealer sell a new 2003 for 9000 or even 7000 below MSRP? Unless this MSRP has been run up with a lot of bunk options. The markup is not that much. Only if the dealer was just plain nuts or under some kind of duress for that price under MSRP. I would be really interested if anyone EVER buys one at that price. I would buy another to match my 2003 at that price
Lets see 41650 minus 9000. WOW 32650 OK I will bite.
Thanks
Dennis

TOO BAD SO SAD
Advertised as a 2003 and now it is a 2002! The price is still good, but, bait & switch???? see my other posts in false advertising.
DENNIS

Birthday Bird
The MSRP was $41,035. It is the Premium with the hard top, only option was the partial torch red interior. No selectshift.......The dealer also added $299 above the MSRP for "Sealer" (means they washed it) for a total price of $41334........Thanks they do look awesome together, but actually get more compliments on the old one.

Last edited by a moderator:
BOARD FORD

Originally posted by brd4jk
just called that dealership and was advised that the bird is an 02 not an 03 with black accent interior price 31454.oo mmmm

I called the dealer too and they told me all of their 2002's were gone. I had been to the dealer once before during February on an advertised $6000 discount on a 2003 Thunderbird. I got there and it was a 2002. They offered me $7000 at that time. I did not take it. I can't believe they made the same mistake again. I will be watching their ads. This may need to get reported to the DMV.

CLEBUS

AS I said earlier. This type of advertising and misleading quotes is what has given and will still sully all the good dealers out there in USA carland. I think this type of misleading bunk, we as consumers ought to keel haul the dealers that do this. Sure makes it hard for an honest dealer to remain honest with others
causing such a bunch of CR#P.
My 2 cents worth
Dennis

2003 TBird Prices

Pasadena Ford in California has been advertising $5,000 off on 2003 Thunderbird. Most dealers will compete as inventory is building.

The 2002 Thunderbirds can be found for $7,000 off.

I think the dealership that I bought my Taurus from is on something. Recently I checked on their prices on 03 birds and they had a letter taped to the inside door listing an additional $5000 to the sticker. I have no idea why they are still asking for this when there are plenty of Ford dealers in the GA area that have a good selection of birds to choose from.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back