2003 odometer display brightness

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Is there a way to brighten the display?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I believe the dash lights are meant for night time usage

Last edited by a moderator:
I did that but the brightest is very hard to see in the daytime
They are just small light bulbs in the cluster not meant to be seen during daytime use. It's for a backlight at night.

Cluster_LEDs_marked.jpg

The odometer is a different lighting system from the gauges....it is a digital readout and not much can be done about it in reality. Unlike the dash bulbs (which can be replaced with LEDs) its a sealed display...

All of a sudden my 2002 Tbird ODOMETER lights not working?? All other lights work fine. HELP??

All of a sudden my 2002 Tbird ODOMETER lights not working?? All other lights work fine. HELP??
Unfortunately it is a common problem..
It can be a number of things but before you start changing bulbs pop out the light control panel..fine the blue/black wire..add power to it..if lights come on..it's probably a resistor in the front module. Some people just replace the panel which runs about $800+ and is hard to get out..if you know someone that can replace the resistor by unsoldering old one and soldering new one..is the way to go..there is a video on YouTube explaining the process but leaves out the actual repair... that being said you can get a light from parts store that you can manually turn on at night till you can fix it

Back