2003 instrument cluster removal | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2003 instrument cluster removal

• Thread starter Thread starter Synchrony
  • Start date Start date
Synchrony
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
The gauges are all stuck to the right, even when I remove the battery, and it won't turn over. I need to send it in for repair, but I'm having a hard time getting it out. I've dropped the steering column and released some of the cluster, but that's as far as I can get. It's stuck. Is there a how-to video somewhere or some instructions? I've searched and can't find anything. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_20240730_145307.jpg
    IMG_20240730_145307.jpg
    904.1 KB · Views: 24

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You did not have to drop the steering column nearly that far...the cluster screws have to removed and there are three connectors on the rear.. You can just loosen the steering column to drop down, put a towel over the moving parts on the column and tilt the cluster forward, tilting it at the top and maneuver it out. What, specifically is holding things up ?

The connectors are on a short harness and you have to tilt the cluster sideways and wedge your hand behind the unit and release the connectors. You can see the connectors in the close up picture.

Removal procedure is in Section 413-01 of the Workshop Manual..

Attachments

• IMG_1918.jpg
    IMG_1918.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2024-07-30 175258.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-30 175258.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back