1965 Instrument Voltage Regulator

Big Boss
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I recently changed the starter, solenoid, alternator, voltage regulator, dimmer switch, checked all the fuses, checked all the wiring w/multimeter seems good to go, at least I thought I had it going-everything was working fine till the instrument gauges went to the far left
and the ameter stayed at center or swings wildly, so I narrowed it down to the ICVR behind the dash, very difficult to get too anyways I changed it, installed a new one but it stayed the same (gauges) somewhere, I read when you install the ICVR the battery must be
disconnected-is this correct? Is the ICVR that I installed fried? (I had the battery connected when I installed it) fuses look ok, headlights work but not high beams and brake lights, signals work and (courtesy) interior lights, should I replace the ICVR with a new one? Or disconnect the ICVR unit then disconnect the battery then reconnect the ICVR and reconnect the battery? Will that work?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back