2003 - Four Post Garage Lift | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2003 - Four Post Garage Lift

• Thread starter Thread starter PAJTOPLESS
  • Start date Start date
PAJTOPLESS

PAJTOPLESS

Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
We're looking at buying a 4-post garage lift mostly for storage but some service work. Does anyone have experience with these or a recommendation? They seem to all be made in China and quite similar. Thanks for any input!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You can spend a small fortune for a high end lift (e.g. Backyard Buddy, etc) and its overkill for the average hobbyist. I bought my Chiwaneseium lift (called a ProLift) and the same lifts are rebranded and resold by many vendors. They work fine and I've had mine for 9 years now. All of these lower end models follow a similar design, like this:

You will want to make sure you have sufficient garage ceiling height for the lift and trust me, get the aluminum drive on ramps, the default steel ramps will break your back. Spend the money for METAL drip trays (as shown below) brake fluid, etc can eat through plastic versions and ruin whatever is below.

Finally, you can do EVERYTHING (nearly) on a 4 post lift that you do with a 2 post lift. Including rebuilding entire rear end suspensions. Message or post here if you need more info.IMG_0481.jpgIMG_0482.jpgDSCF0297.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you so much.

It looks like they are all pretty much the same. So, best value definitely makes sense.

Thanks for the tip on the aluminum ramps.

We're in our 60s and not as strong as we used to be.

I should have added that if you have a low ceiling you could conceivably have to relocate your garage door opener motor. On my one car garage I just moved it to the side (as shown in the second picture), on a larger door you may need a Jackshaft wall mount opener or the like.

Back