2004 using a Danmar MX6 2 post lift

NewToTBird

NewToTBird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Tried to use my 2 post lift. Couldn't get my swing arms to reach both the front frame lift points and rear rubber cushioned lift points. Could just make the front locations, but I was diagonally short to rear pads by about 8 inches each. I would have relocate my lift towers closer to the car. Currently there is about 17 inches from the door to the towers now. Never had this problem with several other vehicles I own. If I move the car any more forward in order to try to reach the rear pads, I would then be our of reach for the front points. This problem is basically due to the fact that the authorized lift points are fairly deeper in from the sides of the car than most other cars. I might be able to remedy this by relocating the posts closer to each other which is a lot of work. I'm also wondering where the center of gravity point is on these cars? It is usually in line with the center of the front seats, however with this being a two seater and long rear end, I'm not sure where it is.

I lift my Chevy HHR by the 4 pinch weld spots used for the roadside jack, by using a grooved round rubber block I bought on line. Would it be ok to do this with the T Bird?

Anyone else out there run into this problem? Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Gene

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I don't think there is anyone that I can think of that will be able to answer this. It's a pretty unique scenario.

Tried to use my 2 post lift. Couldn't get my swing arms to reach both the front frame lift points and rear rubber cushioned lift points. Could just make the front locations, but I was diagonally short to rear pads by about 8 inches each. I would have relocate my lift towers closer to the car. Currently there is about 17 inches from the door to the towers now. Never had this problem with several other vehicles I own. If I move the car any more forward in order to try to reach the rear pads, I would then be our of reach for the front points. This problem is basically due to the fact that the authorized lift points are fairly deeper in from the sides of the car than most other cars. I might be able to remedy this by relocating the posts closer to each other which is a lot of work. I'm also wondering where the center of gravity point is on these cars? It is usually in line with the center of the front seats, however with this being a two seater and long rear end, I'm not sure where it is.

I lift my Chevy HHR by the 4 pinch weld spots used for the roadside jack, by using a grooved round rubber block I bought on line. Would it be ok to do this with the T Bird?

Anyone else out there run into this problem? Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Gene
Interesting question and I am close to buying a QuickLift via Costco and I would think the pinch welds would the the ideal spot. Now I want to know as well

Back