2003 Dash noise after engine shutoff & seat is seized up | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2003 Dash noise after engine shutoff & seat is seized up

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeffb1062
  • Start date Start date
J
Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
Now that I had my 03 for a couple of days, I’ve noticed some things I need advice on, the passenger seat level to lean the back seems locked or seized up, and when I shut the motor off and sit inside the car it sounds like gremlins are inside my dashboard? motor oil car has 117,000 miles should i stick with 5w20 high mileage oil or should I raise it to 5w30
thanks in advance
sorry for all the questions!

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Don't put heavier oil in it. The modern engines that use the lighter oil have higher pressure oil pumps and smaller oil passages in the engine and head castings. That engine of yours is barely broke in.

Is it like a ticking sound? I have a noise also. Had in in my 2006 Jaguar S type too.
Hopefully you'll get responses. If you can edit your subject to be specific so others that read will reply. Let me know if you get any answers. TIA

Your subject "2003 Gremlins" has been updated to summarize your post.

Is it like a ticking sound? I have a noise also. Had in in my 2006 Jaguar S type too.
Hopefully you'll get responses. If you can edit your subject to be specific so others that read will reply. Let me know if you get any answers. TIA
No It’s more like creaking. I think it’s the a/c vent system

I'm away now so cant go listen, but yeah maybe like a creeking sound. With mine it will do it even if the car only ran a few minutes when I turn off after pulling out of garage. I've also noticed driver seat, once in a while won't move forward or backwards. I have and 04 so all this stuff to be expected on cars this old.
No It’s more like creaking. I think it’s the a/c vent system

Probably a door closing as the engine vacuum bleeds off. Everything works when the car is running, correct?
The seat issue car be as simple as a stuck motor that's dirty. Try helping it move while you work the switch (without being in it) also check to make sure the switch is plugged in all the way.

Back