2002 Will not Start after running for 5 minutes

thank you SuperModerator.
As it is difficult to find spare parts in France for Tbird, do you know if the fuel pumps of the Tbird is the same than other Ford's model common in France ( Mustang, ...)?
Have a good day.
Jean -Luc , from France

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

thank you SuperModerator.
As it is difficult to find spare parts in France for Tbird, do you know if the fuel pumps of the Tbird is the same than other Ford's model common in France ( Mustang, ...)?
Have a good day.
Jean -Luc , from France
Also, the reset switch is behind the driver's footwell panel. There is an access hole for it.
Fuse is #17 in the trunk power distribution box, 15amp.

This is not a universal part, and you will need to get the exact part fitment. I think this is the part you need- https://amzn.to/2OLWqXZ This car has two pumps as well, make sure you read through that other thread for more information.

Hello,
now the fuel pump of my Tbird has been changed and run. But, unfortunately, the car doesn't want to start. The engine light is now off, but another red light blinks 16 times and stops.
I need your help .

Jean-Luc , from France

What happened to you, happened to me, but my car ran for about 40 seconds before it quit.
Blew my #17 fuse also. bad fuel pump, you need to replace the right fuel pump, do not
need to fool with the left one, just keep your fuel tank 1/4 tank or more full.

What happened to you, happened to me, but my car ran for about 40 seconds before it quit.
Blew my #17 fuse also. bad fuel pump, you need to replace the right fuel pump, do not
need to fool with the left one, just keep your fuel tank 1/4 tank or more full.
Thank you for your reply.
The left pump was out of order, so I have a new one now. Do you know where I can find the right pump and the reference of it ?
At Ford in France the want to re programm my keys , they are supposing because of the anti-theft, the car doesn't start.

Jean-Luc, from France

RE: "replace the right fuel pump, do not need to fool with the left one, just keep your fuel tank 1/4 tank or more full."

I usually refill my 04 tank when it is below half. Does that mean that the gas in the driver side tank is never used = very stale?

Thank you for your reply.
The left pump was out of order, so I have a new one now. Do you know where I can find the right pump and the reference of it ?
At Ford in France the want to re programm my keys , they are supposing because of the anti-theft, the car doesn't start.

Jean-Luc, from France[/QUOTE

If it was your anti theft wouldn't your key symbol on the dash be lit or flashing.

Here is a photo of the web site where I ordered my fuel pump many months ago. Got it from partsgeek.comT Bird fuel pump.JPG

Hello, the anti-theft light is flashing, and the fault code is number 16. But Ford in France doesn't know what that means.

Jean-Luc, from France

Hello, the anti-theft light is flashing, and the fault code is number 16. But Ford in France doesn't know what that means.

Jean-Luc, from France

My code book: P0016 = Cam/crankshaft pos. correlation sensor A-Bank 1

Good luck

Back