2002 Raise/Lower switch question

Ha, thanks.

On the hardtop switch, what I've seen is a simple 2 point contact on the passenger side post where the top alignment pin goes in. On the Ford exploded view picture I got from the dealer, the connector is 50610 while the harness with the connector (all one can buy now apparently) is 18C618 (the full Ford order able P/N is 1W6Z-7650611-AA, at least the 2002 Bird). As near as I can tell this simply provides a path to Ground, so that an open circuit is sensed as Hard Top removed. But it also seem to also be in series with the rear window defrost of the hardtop. I haven't needed to look into this aspect closely but I suspect its 12v from the fuse box, through the hardtop sense connector, with the defrost being tied to ground to complete the circuit.... but just an educated guess.

And trying one last time to upload the install pictures for anyone that might care :)IMG_3506.jpgIMG_3516.jpgIMG_3515.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back