2002 Radio Surround removal | Ford Thunderbird forum club group 1955-2005 models
  • We're glad you found us via a search engine! Right now, you can join our club absolutely free and unlock member only features like the site search! This notice only appears once! It only takes 30 seconds to register, and we would love to have you as part of the World's largest Thunderbird Forum/Club! Click here to continue

• Click here to remove google ads from the site
  • Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 2002-05 Owners. As of August 2022 there is now an entire suspension kit for sale! Scroll down to the bottom of the first post click here.

• Get rid of swirls and minor paint surface scratches with this Polish & Compounds kit. Click here to read more!.

2002 Radio Surround removal

• Thread starter Thread starter Teufelei
  • Start date Start date
T

Teufelei

Reaction score
Thunderbird Year
The menu button on the radio is jammed and does not protrude through the surround. How is the surround removed to free the button then reinstalled?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Use plastic trim removal tool and pry the vent out above the radio. That will expose the two 8mm screws on top the remove and the surround will pull out. The bottom is held in place with two small pins from the climate control.

Last edited by a moderator:
the menu button is part of the face plate and is one unit once it is removed from the radio.
radio needs to be removed as Phibbs stated and then the faceplate removed to be repaired.
Remove small Phillips screws that are visible. Becareful not to break any plastic trim.

First, try a LITTLE shot of WD-40 on the button . If that doesn't do it, you can contact "Factory Radio Service and Repair" in So. California (909) 944-8844. They added an AUX outlet jack to my original radio for my phone and you can hardly see it and it works well. Not too costly either.

Back