2002 Radio Surround removal

T

Teufelei

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The menu button on the radio is jammed and does not protrude through the surround. How is the surround removed to free the button then reinstalled?

Use plastic trim removal tool and pry the vent out above the radio. That will expose the two 8mm screws on top the remove and the surround will pull out. The bottom is held in place with two small pins from the climate control.

Last edited by a moderator:
the menu button is part of the face plate and is one unit once it is removed from the radio.
radio needs to be removed as Phibbs stated and then the faceplate removed to be repaired.
Remove small Phillips screws that are visible. Becareful not to break any plastic trim.

First, try a LITTLE shot of WD-40 on the button . If that doesn't do it, you can contact "Factory Radio Service and Repair" in So. California (909) 944-8844. They added an AUX outlet jack to my original radio for my phone and you can hardly see it and it works well. Not too costly either.

I recently upgraded my radio. So I happen to have the removal instructions for your radio from crutchfield. I’ve attached them. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• crutchfieldmastersheet-0000190031.pdf
    478.1 KB · Views: 29
Back